I can convert vhs to computer! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I can convert vhs to computer!

Evening everyone. Seems like everyone and their brother/sister has some video from the melt or other runs and can't get it to anyone on the net. I can convert or capture the video from the vhs or svhs (if you've got the little adapter thing) to either divx (computer dvd quality) or make an mpeg cd (so you can play it on a dvd player, no this is not a real dvd, those are expensive). I just made a duplication of a video I've got "4 wheelin' feelin", the vhs is about to kick the bucket, but the record went very well. 600mb for 1 hour on a cd with some real good quality. I have not converted it to the mpeg (to play in dvd), so I'm not sure what the time->MB size raitio is yet..
I've got a real fast internet connection, so I'd be glad to post videos online if needed.
Lemme know.. I'll send samples if needed.
l8r

got zook? I do, 88.5!
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:24 PM

Re: I can convert vhs to computer!

how about goin' the other way, can you go from computer to vhs?? I have some movie's I'd like to be able to watch on my tv.

Following Christ is a lot like wheelin', just follow the road (trail) less traveled!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Sure, the quality can not go up though. It is gonna look as good as it is now.. What format do you have? Is it on a cd? Mpeg cd? DVD? How large (MB wise..), do you know what compression codec is used?

got zook? I do, 88.5!
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:30 PM

these are full movies, generally avi format and anywhere from 250-400 megs. Not sure on the codec though. It is possible though?? Would this just be a matter of using a tv card and just recording what you are playing? If it was recorded onto vhs would it record full screen or just the size of the media player playing it?

Following Christ is a lot like wheelin', just follow the road (trail) less traveled!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

You can run filters and converters to make the output whatever you want. IF you have a tv out card, the video should be full screen. Unless the video uses the 16:9 or wide screen, it should be full sized. If you right click on the .avi files and choose properties, then the details, it'll display what codec, kbps, and res. of the movie..

got zook? I do, 88.5!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 07:18 PM

I was recording video off the net for a while. the quality varies greatly. I have Episode 1 that was 1.2GB and it came out about the same quality as VHS. I also have some other stuff that ranged from 200MB to 600MB and the quality isn't that great.

I have been running an external video converter (can't remember the name). I think it ran me about $100 and outputs at 640x480 (not that great, but works for full-screen vid).

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I'll post a suzuki clip out of the 4 wheelin feeling some time this week. I prob. should ask the company if I can do so first.... Just to see what yall think on the quality.

got zook? I do, 88.5!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 07:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

just buy you a dvd player that plays video cd to and brun them off to watch them on tv

Flaming Zuki [/b]"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid"
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 09:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That would be great.
I have been looking for samurai video for long but your video system is not compatible with The European. If you could make them available for download I would love to have them. ( I have cable net at work so size and time wouldn't be much of a problem)

Rui Alberto Sá Freitas
Livramento de Cima
1º Impasse da estrada do garajau n.º 9 e 11
9125-066 Caniço
Ilha da Madeira
PORTUGAL
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I sure could use some sources. I'll be making my own in a while ! I've got to get the frp server up and running. I'll post the information when she's up.

got zook? I do, 88.5!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode