How do swampers wear? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

How do swampers wear?

Im about to put my sami back on the road and i would like to run the swampers i got cuz it looks mean with them on. I dont want to wear them out tho. Ive still got my coopers and they wear awesome on the road so im gonna run them if i have to. How do the swampers wear on the road? Thanks for any help.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How do swampers wear?

We've had great longevity with bias ply TSL SX and TSL Swampers. Haven't run them, but the Boggers are notoriously short-lived.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 03:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A GOOD RULE OF THUMB IS TO CHANGE EM WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR OIL. HA HA. they don't last long dude.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, tube chassis,3 link coils rear,at least 35" boggers, and whatever else i can get a deal on and modify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 03:48 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I wouldn't run them on the road, they'll wear fast. Those Swampers are kinda thin as well, meaning less meat touching the road so they'll wear faster. I have some 31's I use for street driving so mine won't wear out.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I've put about 3000 on my 29x10.5 tsl sx swamper bias ply tires. You can still see the base imprint of the little finger thinggies on the rear tires. I've maybe had 1/16" gone after that.. I dunno but they seem to wear real good for me (but I drive like granny!, except off road!)

got zook? I do, 88.5!
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:25 PM

The TSL Bias Swampers have a very deep tread design, and they seem to wear very well on the light weight Zuk. The TSL Radial has a shallower tread and softer compound, and wear a little faster, but a slightly better ride and seem easier to balance. The more advanced radials (higher price) have an even softer compound, and wear even faster. Like one other said, the boggers seem to go away like a bar of soap in the shower! The short of it, the cheaper the Swamper, the harder the rubber, and the longer the wear, but a harsher ride than the sticky rubber high priced Swampers.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 08:17 PM

I have 29in TSLs on mine, I bought them used and have put about 8000 miles on them since I've had them and they're still showing almost no wear from when I first got them. The side lugs are all chewed to hell though.

I do dig the sound they make but after a while the noise will put you to sleep.

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:28 PM
Keyboard Implanted

They are not the WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the boggers do @ 90 mph @ like 10psi, but they do wherr on the road, chicks dig a cool looking zook that is not overly built on the smaller meaty tires. It's not the size of the tire that matters, its how you ahhhh, ummmmmmmm, (insert something cool here) it.. hehahehheahheahehaeh goof....

got zook? I do, 88.5!
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5 SS TSL SX* Calmini Header,SPOA,Lights, Dupicolor,Z-bar,Xenon lights,diamond plate rockers,tubes front/rear/sides!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 02:33 AM
Addict

I do a lotta highway miles in my zook and i ran a set of 32/9.50 tsl swampers for over 30,000 miles and the rear ones sill have a 1/4 inch tread left but my fronts wore out.. needed the steering stabilizer shock sooner.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 07:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I had 36" TSL's on my Zuk for about 2yrs and I never seen them wear down that much! I use my Zuk as a daily driver and when I sold the TSL's for the 16x35" Boggers, they looked like new! Now that I have the 35" Boggers on, it does wear down faster. If I were to do it again, I would of stuck with the 36" TSL's, just because of the wear problem.. But, it isn't as bad as a fullsized vehicle, the zuk is very light and that helps out lots.

-Brian
<font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode