2WD LOW w/ 'H' PATTERN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

2WD LOW w/ \'H\' PATTERN

OK I know one of you out there has one, tell me about it. The T-case I am getting has the 2wd low mod on it but it is not the 'H' pattern it is the wierd 'S' pattern or something. I would possibly like to switch mine over. Do you like it in general? How much better is the 'H' pattern? Did you do it yourself or did you get your fork from Calmini?

88 hardtop, custom SPOA, 31's, Calmini Gear Kit(comming soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 08:56 AM

Re: 2WD LOW w/ \'H\' PATTERN

Hey, I have the 2L mod and I had no idea you could get and "H" pattern...? My pattern is closer to a J with a stairstep in the bottom right corner...Please explain the H pattern...By the way, I LOVE the 2L mod.

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only difference with the H-pattern and dual J-pattern is that the front putput shifter fork is machined with an extended notch. The H is more the industry standard and MUCH less confusing. If you are going to put a 2-low into your tcase, you're best to go with the H-pattern from the getgo Nate.

I'm sure Calmini could take the time to walk you thru the modification if you tell them you bough tthe gears from them... or it sounds like they may even sell the modified fork.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

The T-Case I'm getting already has the J pattern(buying it used), or it has been modified by only taking out the bering. I would like to machine my fork to switch it over to the H pattern, but there are no pics/directions anywhere to do it. I don't think Calmini will just tell me how to do it for free, that would be cheating themselves out of the $50.00 they are charging for the modified fork they sell.

Dose anyone already have the fork mod that would be willing to remove it and take a few pictures/measurments? Come on guys we know youre out there! Help me out here!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 09:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

>I don't think Calmini will just tell me how to do it for free, that would be cheating themselves out of the $50.00 they are charging for the modified fork they sell.

Here's the freebie.... The notch on the front shifter fork needs to be extended in the direction of the fork (away from the body of the tcase) about 3/8". You want it to look just like the current shifter notch, just a bit longer. That's all it takes.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

And you keep the detent ball in place?

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The center ball must be removed for any 2-low shift pattern. The fork modification allows you to do the split-H pattern.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 11:36 AM

Hey Glenn,
I installed a modified shift fork from a major Suzuki aftermarket supplier, and it had a reinforcing bushing tig-welded onto the area near where the material was removed. Have you ever heard of any problems with forks modified & NOT having this extra stuff welded on?

Just wondering...

OILBURNER [email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Hey Tim or Glenn,
Could one of you put a pic up of your forks.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 03:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure what the reinforced bushing is you mention.

As long as the roll pin is inserted into the fork assembly, the fork will retain the same push-pull strength as stock. I cannot see how any reinforcement would be necessary.

Sorry, don't have a digital cam for pictures. Just follow the explanation above. Pretty simple stuff. Worst part is getting into the middle of the case to remove the ball. If you're doing a gear swap though, you're already there.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode