YJ springs... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

YJ springs...

What would you guys think would be an honest price for a full set of used YJ wrangler springs? I was just quoted $200 from a local salvage yard, and I was a bit shocked. I was thinkin' in the neighborhood of $100....?

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:04 PM

Re: YJ springs...

Got my 4 leaf rears(2) for $50... go with 5 leaf packs. I wraped mine pretty bad on the Rubicon this weekend and need to replace them.

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:05 PM

You can get brand new springs for about $60 each, so $200 is WAY over priced. Many people get a set of four for around $50-100. I was having trouble finding some and paid $175. There were none at any of the nearby shops and the only wrecker I found them at wanted $300.

You can always check JC Whitney. I think they have 6 leaf packs for around $60 each. If you can, get at least 5 leaf packs front and rear. I'm running 4 leaf packs in the rear and it's way too soft (I'm also sitting one inch lower in the rear).

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:08 PM

I have to take a look at mine and see how they held up. I don't think mine had any problems since I'm spring under though.

I did take out more of my passenger rocker panel (and a little of the flare) on the way out.

http://members.home.net/marvinmartia...cs/rocker1.jpg
http://members.home.net/marvinmartia...cs/rocker2.jpg

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:37 PM

Time for the spring over Mark. I see you got a little more rock rash. Did you get that on gate keeper?? I lost the right rear flair on that tight squeeze 100 yards from the Loon Lake dam.

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:41 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I just sold 4 of them for $100, $200 is too much. I do have some CJ springs though, if anyone is interested.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 01:43 PM
mike shannon

hey perry call around to the 4x shops and see if some of them have some they have pulled off when they did a lift. i picked up a set at the swap meet in arlington for 50.00 bucks with all the shackles and bushing. and if you see some guys with lifted yjs just ask them if they still have them.found a set for 100.00 that way but lost the # later mike

zuks and toys
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

The first place I called was 4-Wheel Parts here in Plano. They're the ones who told me 200 smackers! Tried to tell me that they are hard to find now 'cause they are worth gold. Sounded like a load of crap to me. He probably figured I would say "Uhhhh, ok, here's my wallet. Go ahead and take whatever you want out of there". Punks. The cheapest I have found so far is $27 at a local pick-u-pull place...The search continues.

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Re: YJ springs...this is REDICULOUS!!

I just got off the phone with a cat who said he just trashed a whole batch of 'em! And the next guy told me he would be happy to sell me some for $100 a pair! I told 'im that was obscene. I can't believe it's this hard to find a reasonable price on some YJ springs!

Pillard
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: YJ springs...this is REDICULOUS!!

HEY PERRY, CHECK THESE BOARDS. JEEPN.COM BIGJEEP.COM AND COWTOWNJEEPS.COM ALL 3 WILL SELL EM CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!! and they are local.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, tube chassis,3 link coils rear,at least 35" boggers, and whatever else i can get a deal on and modify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode