How about some help here? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 07:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How about some help here?

I looking for instructions on how to convert the wiring harness of a 16v 1600cc motor. So it will run in my samurai. I have the 8v 1600 cc already. Thanks in advance.

Jason

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 08:27 AM

Re: How about some help here?

Good luck, Jason. Either it's real easy but nobody wants to share the technology, or it's a PITA and they pay the money to get a modified harness from Trail Tough.

Regards,

OILBURNER [email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 08:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't beleive no one has that information yet. Someone has to have done it and writen it down???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 02:47 PM

Hey JHS, just so you know: I'm NOT holding out on you! I have absolutely NO idea on how to wire that booger up! I know that this isn't useful to you, but I think the extreme silence is worse :-).

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 02:55 PM

Here's how you do it:

Get an envelope, get a check, write down a $400.00 + amount and make the check payable to Trail Tough....

I think this wiring idea has been tried but most people have failed. My suggestion would be to sell off the 1.6-8V and take that money to have Brent do the wiring for ya'. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but it's most likely what you'll hear form most people here as I don't think many people are running the 16V yet. I have a line on a complete 16V Tracker and I'm holding out on it til I can get the dough together to get Brent at Trail Tough to re-wire it for me...

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 03:05 PM
mike shannon

max has found some guy in the north east who will do it for 250.00 but i haven't heard about how it is yet. check back about a week for his posts. mike

zuks and toys
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 03:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know you guys are not holding out on me. I just pokin and hopin. I have talked to a few guys and heard that this might be something I could find information on.

Jason

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 05:52 PM

I haven't personally seen the guy from the East Coast's work but I don't think it's that great. I remember hearing somewhere that it wasn't that great...

I have seen Trail Tough's work and I'm VERY impressed with it.

Just remember you get you pay for...

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 02:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well. I just completed my 1.6 16-valve conversion, and it's wasn't really that hard at all. I just laid the new harness on top of my old one, and only used the new circuits that I needed for the ECM and FI. Got the motor and harness from Max (MXNHD) and it runs great. Brent (@TrailTough) will modify your speedo for $50,and get you a pump for $100; but I haven't hooked it up yet, and it still runs OK. Would have been nice, though, to have a good schematic of the donor. I just used the schematics from the Haynes Manual. The dealer wants $130 for a Sidekick shop manual. Good Luck - (From a guy with more time than money!)

br549
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 02:21 PM

Sorry JHS i have not been paying attention to the board lately. The schematics to help you out are posted free at vintagezuki.com on the left hand column at the top. I do know a guy who is supposed to be doing them on the east coast. I had him do mine to see how he worked out, and that was a week before zukimelt, and my wifes truck has yet to run. He is supposed to be sending me information to fix it soon. I am trying to avoid sending my harness to him a second time if i can help it. The engine is in and the harness is installed, it actually ran once then i couldnt get power to the coil when i shut it off. Glenn was splicing in wires for the rear, then the blinkers and headlights. He got the headlights to work, but not the blinkers, then the whole thing took a nose dive and died. Have yet to touch it again, but it is my goal to get it running this weekend maybe. Its my birthday so i cleared the calander to try and get it done... I will let you know how it goes. This guy is supposed to be as good as trail tough, but the delay has been long, and i think its time to get it done. He is doing the same swap and letting me know what voltage is going where and to which wire so i can double check everything.... Hope that helps. Max

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode