Help.. somewhat OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Help.. somewhat OT

I was pulling out a front diff from a tracker at the wrecker today, when i came home my arms were covered in this stuff you cant see. It feels like theres tiny metal slivers all over my arms and back of my hands, it hurts and is itchy.. Cant seem to get it off with anything, its really annoying.. You can see little sparkles if you look under sunlight. I was laying on some car mats and gravel, i dont recall touching anything that could have caused this.
Also, i found a 16V engine in a sidekick.. The truck is badly burnt, is the engine any good? Can a samurai intake be put on the 16V head? Is it a 1.6 or 1.8? will the block be good for a 1.6 engine adaptor plate? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 12:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Help.. somewhat OT

Anton,
I can't say I know exactly what it is, but possibley it got into your open pores and is now irritating your skin. If it persists, you should see a doctor. I like to play it on the safe side when it comes to things like this....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 05:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anton,
You have probably gotten very small pieces of the aluminum alloy that is used to make the transmission in your arms. Go see a doctor immediately! The metal can make you very ill, I work with some exotics and if you don't machine them under a steady stream of cooling fluid small pieces flake off of the metal and become lodged in your pores.The heat from the fire probably caused some to break free and stick to everything.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 06:13 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I'll bet the mat you were laying on had fiberglass in it. I used to put insulation into houses in my younger years and would get like that all the time. Just take a shower, or a few of them, scrub well, and wait a few days, it'll gradually go away, but it will itch until then.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

JEEEPN i think Rob is right, i went back today and used different mats found in different areas and my arms and hands are even worse! But one good thing i got the front diff with much difficulty.. Are these front diffs from a 98 Sidekick Sport the same as the rest? The axles looked bigger than front samurai axles, the engine looked exactly like a vitara, with the indivudual coils for each plug going down the valve cover and all. the wheels were 16".
Ill go to the doctor now.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 08:25 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Let us know what happened.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anton,
Metal poisoning is nothing to fool with and if you start to feel ill YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!!!
ROB

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 10:10 AM

Anton, if it is fiberglass, try washing your skin down with vinegar, this should soothe it some what, although you will smell! A good cold shower seems to help also as it tightens the skin and helps push out the offending irritant. If you got drive lubricant all over you from mesing around with the parts, it could be small metal shaving also, I have run into this before on the hands. If you do start to feel sick, you should see a Doctor.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode