Thinkin' 'bout a LWB Sami... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Thinkin\' \'bout a LWB Sami...

For a while now, I've been kickin' around the idea of buildin' the wife up a 4x4, and after reviewin' several vehicles to use as project rides, I have narrowed it down to either an old 'Yota pickup, or a LWB samurai (hey, I know sami's, and the wife likes mine, we just need some more haulin' room for the kiddoes). What I wanna know is how hard is it to find a LWB sami, and how much can I expect to pay for one...? Does anyone know of one for sale?

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 06:04 PM
Buckyo7

Re: Thinkin\' \'bout a LWB Sami...

i saw one about 2 miles from here i will see if its still there i didnt even see how much it is but i got some toy axles for $250 a pr with 4:11s (there not mine)

-Buck
5.5" spoa, 4" BDS, rear up front, 5.38 R&Ps, 4:16 t-case gears, 35x14.5 Tsl Thornbirds
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 07:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Perry,
I bought mine in Canada. If you do buy one up there I would suggest that you tell the US Customs that you bought it for scrap. Mine didn't have an engine in it so they bought the story. Finding one that is relatively rustfree is going to be a chore though. I watch canadatrader.com for them. Mine is getting an Isuzu turbo diesel implant. They were imported into the states in 86 and 87 but they are rare, I think that I read somewhere that there were only 1,500 imported total in both years.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 07:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I got a LWB !!
NA na nanan !!

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 08:50 PM

Yeah, but you don't have any guns!

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (not sure how I like it), 29 Super Swampers (31 BFG M/T knock offs - eventually) AARRRRRRRG!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 10:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got one for sale. Private message me if you want details.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Buck, check on that price and lemme know how much it is!

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 10:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I GOT A CHOP SAW A WELDER SOME 2X4 BOX TUBING AND 2 EXTRA SAMMY TUBS. LET'S JUST LENGTHEN YOURS.

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, tube chassis,3 link coils rear,at least 35" boggers, and whatever else i can get a deal on and modify.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 10:58 AM

When all is said & done, you probably could buy a nice 4Runner for what you'll have to pay for a LWB Samurai. I'm not saying it would be as cool, though! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Every LWB I've seen had Subtantial rust in it.

OILBURNER [email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oilburner wrote: "Every LWB I've seen had Subtantial rust in it."

Not my LWB. Anyone who saw it at Zookimelt can attest to that. When a truck has all original paint like mine does you know there isn't anything to hide. Sure there's some rust, but it isn't anything close to substantial.

Actually, is there anyone here who might have a good pic of my truck at the 'Melt? Every one I've seen so far has part of the truck cropped off or it's too far away so see any detail. Also, if anyone has some video of it please let me know. Dwayne and Kellie (Tigger) got some good video of it in action on the trails, but I'd love to see some more. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode