BARNWELL OR BUST - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 11:54 AM
mike shannon

BARNWELL OR BUST

just brought in the motor home and the trailer to work. have to put the land cruiser back together. we put jai's all back together night befor last. hope to pull out of arlington at 3.15 and head east. if i can make it anyone can. i am broke and tired but i plan on having a blast. just remember that you need to pick up your beer at home. if it is anything like northeast texas beer stores are few and far between. later mike

zuks and toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 12:16 PM

Re: BARNWELL OR BUST

Hey Mike, I am almost ready also. I took two Vac days just so I would make sure I got everything working. Last time I was out was in February. New suspension goodies, I need to work the bugs out. I am heading out to some local hills to try it out. I lengthened both the driveshafts. Hold my breath on the welding I done. Just kidding the stuff is stuck good. Look forward to seeing you again.
Pillard I hope you are still coming.

Marc Haught
[email protected]
www.serioussami.rockcrawler.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 12:30 PM

hey guys, i hope to leave work at around 1 tommorrow... that puts me in weimar (where my zook currently is) at about 2:30, and then its a 5 hour drive to gilmer... hopefully ill be there by around 8 or 8:30... i guess ill just ask the lady at the front desk to point me in the direction of the suzuki's... ya'll are staying at the campgrounds at the park, right?

ill be in a white toyota with a tan zook in town with a windsheild sticker that says "Texas A&M Off Road" on it, so if you see me wandering around aimlessly, flag me down...

about the beer... that could be a problem seeing as how im 6 months short of 21... but if anyone wants to bring a couple extra bud lights i will gladly put down some money

ive never been to this place before but im getting pumped about going... its gonna be a blast!

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 12:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll be there, Zuki or not. I'm tagging along with a bud and his recently injured TJ.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"

88.5 Weber carb, header, 4.16 t-case, 31x10.5 M/T's, 2" s/r, 2" bod lift, front tube, Swift seats
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 02:52 PM
mike shannon

hey marc it looks like perry is going to be a wash. he has to much going on. skeetshooter should show for sunday morning. my bud charlie washed out on me but jai bird and i are ready[or will be] i am just going to set up in the camp ground area and relax and drink a few cold one friday night. we should roll in around 6 or 7 later mike

zuks and toys
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 03:14 PM

Blast it, Marc. I can't make it. My mom and my sister are havin' a joint birthday party this saturday and I would be slaughtered if I didn't make it. You know what makes it really bad? I will have my zook there playin' on their land, which is only 45 minutes from Barnwell? I can't believe I have to miss this. Well, we'll have to do another one SOON!!

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, Cal 4.16 t-case, Lkd Frt, welded rear, 8-point Roll Cage, etc, etc.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 03:57 PM

I will only be there Saturday. Just got back from testing the new stuff. The trails where I go aren't to tough, but a couple are about ten feet and near vertical. I walked them with out spinning a tire. Everything went smooth. I did find out I have a tiny coolant leak somewhere.

Marc Haught
[email protected]
www.serioussami.rockcrawler.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 05:52 PM
Buckyo7

Perry your not going???? GEESE! c'mon u gatta make it..hey me and Brian (red26) might go out tomorrow to marshall let me know if u wanna come! 8172816813

-Buck
5.5" spoa, 4" BDS, rear up front, 5.38 R&Ps, 4:16 t-case gears, 35x14.5 Tsl Thornbirds
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 04:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

mike and marcus, you guys suck!!!! everyone i normally wheel with is going...langston, steve, monty, and the rest of the guys and i can't go!!! oh well i have to work friday 7pm to sat 7am anyway. i better get my heep running again so i can go play in the furture. i'll get to wiring it this weekend as long as this pinout i got is correct. if not i have to wait on my factory sevice manual for the 99 vortec to get here. you guys have fun and take pic's to post.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
vortec350/4L80E/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 07:37 AM
mike shannon

hey brian just grab your trailer and get my red zuk at the house and come awn. just pick up a u joint for the toy drive shaft and lets play. o yea bring plenty of beer. hell i will even kick the kids out of the motor home and give you and the misses some a/c. later mike

zuks and toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode