TLC crops sammi's apart - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

TLC crops sammi\'s apart

howdy,
One of my buddy, a so called nerd, just gave my a vcr tape that he had taped two episodes of junk yard wars. on these two episodes, they thrash the sammi's and they refer to the samurai's as jeep's, but no one ever said that brit's were smart.
so in the end, has anyone seen these two episodes, and should we all boycott TLC

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God doesn't have to hand out brains everyday."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: TLC crops sammi\'s apart

that's about like the other day when I went to get gas and the lady asked me if I had gas in the "little silver jeep." I took all of my human strength to not beat her ears off.....lol

1988.5 Silver JX, SPOA, 31x10.50's, snorkle, more toy's on the way.
"Tuck in behind me! I'll show you where to crash!"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:52 PM

i saw the one that they made the walking machines and of course the sammy won
what was the other one

Mark
90 samurai,5.5 SPOA,2"over shackles,front EZ locker,lilcoln locker rear 31-10.50 swamper TSLs removable doors,working on onboard air..
99 Dodge ram 1500 360 for towing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 11:51 PM
pook

steam powered cars.
in england all small 4x4's are known as jeeps,even the land rover but i still hate it whan someone calls my sammi a jeep ,because then you have to go through the step by step explanions of why ours are better!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 01:34 AM

hat's about like the other day when I went to get gas and the lady asked me if I had gas in the "little silver jeep." I took all of my human strength to not beat her ears off.....lol

LoL...hehehe.... I have one up on you. I used to be pretty heavy into Land Cruisers. I owned an FJ55. While my wife and I sat at the local Toyota dealership looking at a mid 90's FJ80 the salesman comes out and begins to start conversation telling us the history of land cruiser and how stout they are and all that kind a stuff then he leans over and pats the fender of my land cruiser and says, "So what year is your Land Rover anyway?" )
I told him, "That would be a 1974 FJ55 Toyota Land Cruiser." Then I point to the fender and grill, "See here it says Toyota in big letters and here on the fender it says Land Cruiser." Afterwhich we climb back into our rig and drove away. )

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 05:32 AM
Old Hand

The problem with most sammy owner's i've noticed on this board is that most attempt to turn thier sammy into a j**p as soon as they get it. IE, a 4.3 motor, etc, etc. Relish making a good piece of Jap efficiency into a normal inefficeient piece of iron. The little old lady was probably looking at a 8 foot tall zuk with 40 inch tires on it and to her it looked like a J**P.

Early 87 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" Calmini reverse lift, Calmini 2" Exhaust system, Kayline Full Doors,Steel Horse Seats, 30x9.5 Roadmaster rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer, soon a Pony & GRS-1
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 07:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Okay Old FART, I'll have to step in now! You always seem to say the same thing when it comes to 4.3L and Zuks. You said the same thing back when I posted the subject about my friends 350 engine that is going in his Zuk. I've owned my Zuk since 1995, back then there wasn't a lot of Zuk vinders, I wheeled my Zuk for YEARS with just 275x85x15's. IT was when I joined the military and had some extra money to play with and fix the zuk to what it is today.

Its not that I'm going to try to make my Zuk look like a damn J**P! What you did to your Zuk in, many peoples eyes, is make yours look like a Jeep too! (I've said this before in past posts, but I'll say it again) Why do you want a GRS I, or why did you put 30" tires under your Zuk? TO MAKE IT BETTER! For some its just some bigger tires and a gear reduction system, and others, like me, want to have bigger and wider axles, tires and put a V6 or a V8 in the Zuk! I'm tired of driving my Zuk every day with out having the power to pass a 18wheeler! Give me a brake, the 1.3L has to go! I don't want to put in 5.38:1 R&P's (that are easier to brake) in my Zuk with GRS II t-case gears just so I can drive it on the street and still be able to run 35" tires. For the $$ I put into that I could get a NEW engine (4.3L rebuilt), new trans, wider and stronger Toyota axles with 4.11:1 R&P's, make my own YJ mounts with stock YJ springs, and lots more! Sorry, but the weight of my Zuk with the 4.3L engine in will still be less then a Jeep! Remember, its what I want and what kind of area I 4wheel in! It does make a difference! If I lived out West, I might stick to the lighter 1.6L and some smaller tires, but I'm on the east coast and I'd like to do both, crawl on rocks, and run thru some deep mud! Not much rock where I'm from, but there are some.
YOu have the same mentality that most J**P owners have when they see my lifted Zuk now, "if you wanted a J**P, why didn't you buy one?" Thats the kinda of attitude I can't stand. Its what I want, not what you or anyone else wants! Sorry for being so "blunt" with ya but, that is how I am. Just my .02, for what its worth.

-Brian
<font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 06:56 PM
Old Hand

Zuks do look like little J**Ps. Did not mean to disparge your passion. If could afford a 4.3 and the other stuff that is necessary to keep 200 hp from breaking a 60 hp frame and drive train I would probably do it in a minute... Guess i'm to close to the golden years.... he he he he

Early 87 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" Calmini reverse lift, Calmini 2" Exhaust system, Kayline Full Doors,Steel Horse Seats, 30x9.5 Roadmaster rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer, soon a Pony & GRS-1
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:37 PM
zukikid

i just like to say that i do so love the sick and twisted monsters we make out of our cute little jap scrap ,wheather they are v 6 ...v8 ...straight 4 ...v4 ... what ever...its the zuk bug that brings us together .lets not have it drive us apart .

proud owner of the SUPER stock zuk. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode