93 Sammy w/13"lift and 35" Thornbirds
lots of extra's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 08:22 PM

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 2 seconds cont.

She got out of it. Damn, must be nice. I had a guy AIM for my Scout II on my 17th birthday as i turned onto a side street (witnesses told the cop he aimed for me) and i still got the ticket.

Glad everybody is ok.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Grumpy, I don't understand how she could get away with it when all these witnesses saw the accident occur. With all the pictures you have of the damage, did anybody think to take a picture of the girl? At least you could post that here so we can all see what the disrespectful little B***h looks like.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

let dopey tell ya for a 16 year old with only her learners permit she was a hottie. she was written up by the cops for a few different things.

Dopey
If you can't get it muddy or take it to bed with you it's not worth having!

87 jx spoa,two inch body lift, 33's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 08:25 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Sorry about the pervious post askign what happened, I was away all weekend and amd just now getting to reading this.

That's BS. You should sue the police department and the girl. The Police department for not performing their job, there is obviously MORE than $500 worth of damage, so a police report has to be filed, and insurance companies need to be involved. I would not let this one go. Also, if they honestly beliece she was doing no more than 35, have the State Police get involved and watch how fast the story changes and things get moving. This sounds like nothing but corruption of another police department. Man, I'd be so ticked I'd have a lawyer slapping suits all over the place.

I'd go through your insurance company and have them sue the girl to recover all the time and materials lost due to her act of stupidity. This is the very reason we have insurance.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Guys I only have one thing to say GET A LAWYER !!!!!!!!!!!!
ROB

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 08:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can tell you that the people that are going to get her are the insurance co. My wife in that business and I spole with her. Your insurance co should sue them for you. They have very good lawers and she should get hammered. Also you need to get a copy of the police report and if it does not corispond with the photos you need to bring that to the attention of your incarance also. Sounds like the officer on the seen did not have a clue or was going to get favors later on from someone. Talk to your trooper friend he will tell you your rights. Also if you are in a no fault state, the officer can't determine who was at fault. He can only site the indivduals for ovious violations of traffic laws. In a no falut stat it is up to the insuance companies to determine fault. .02

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 11:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

believe me she isn't getting away with s**t my zook is dead and she will pay. the cops did say she was at fault they seen her skid marks. the only problem they didn't measure them. it was in some redneck county so they are slow.

Dopey
If you can't get it muddy or take it to bed with you it's not worth having!

87 jx spoa,two inch body lift, 33's
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 12:00 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I would go get an affidavit (signed statement before an official, it's the only thing believeable in court or to a lawyer) from EVERYONE there, even if they "didn't see much" or "were on your side". Then I would go back to the site of the slidmarks and measure them, take tons of pictures, and bring a credible witness to veryify the fact that you took the pictures and did not alter the evidence. If the local yokles didn't do it, they'll downplay the whole incident like it's no big deal. It'd be better if the guy going with you is a cop, just for his credibility. Otherwise they'll try to rely on statements from the original officer, who'll just say, "well, I dunno how far it was, but they weren't very long". Your pictures will come into play as well, make sure you keep them safe, and keep the original negatives if you used a standard camera. Documentation is going to be the key here, I can see it coming from a mile away, and have seen too many of these accidents screw people over.

Time is of the essence here, the longer you wait, the less credible your evidence becomes, and the more your case goes out the window.

They'll try to offer a settlement, don't take the first one, let them know you're going to pursue this to the end and they'll up the amount. Also don't settle unless it's fair to you. YOU were the one wronged in all this, the key phrase to remember is, "How much is it worth for you to go through this again in the future", that's the amount you're shooting for.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode