Isky Cam Install Help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Isky Cam Install Help

Hello guys,

I have a 1.3 FI engine and I want to replace the stock head with a 1.6 head and install an Isky cam while I have everything apart. Problem is, I don't have any manuals and the cam didn't come with any instructions. Has anybody out there done this swap that can help me out?

Thanks,
James Hiers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:10 PM

Re: Isky Cam Install Help

The best thing to do is get a service manual!! The actual cam swap is easy. Just follow the directions in the manual and substitute the isky when reinstalling.
The install basically involves removing the timing pully, loosing all the valve lash screws and removing the distributor. The cam is removed from the opening covered by the distributor. The cam bearings get progressivly smaller across the head, so the cam is just "slid" out the back. The manual will fill in all the details!

"Reality goes on without me!"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:17 PM

BTW, there is another thread on the BBS that basically states that a TBI EFI engine will not benefit from a cam because the injector/ECM combo can only compensate for a narrow range of changes in the system.
I was thinking of a low-end cam in a FI 1.6 8v but, I'm rethinking it now. This is new to me and needs further research.

"Reality goes on without me!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whazoo, everyone I have talked in the past to about the cam in an TBI EFI have told me the very same. I've heard either "I don't know..." or "It won't benefit the engine...". Just FYI. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:28 AM
Skip

Call Brent at TrailTough. He's played with all kinds of cams with EFI and the last comment I heard from him was that you can't beat the stock cam. The computer will continuely try to correct to a stock configuration. Bottom line...keep the stock cam

Skip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode