Driver's side motor mount 1.3 or 1.6 for 1600 conv - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Driver\'s side motor mount 1.3 or 1.6 for 1600 conv

I just installed a driver's side spacer for my 1.6. Scott did a great job on it and added a personal touch. He engraved "All Good Medicine" on the top of it. Way Cool!
Scott mentioned that the conversion uses the 1.3 motor mount on the driver's side. I'm using a 1.6 mount. Are they the same? Thanks......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 08:40 PM

Re: Driver\'s side motor mount 1.3 or 1.6 for 1600 conv

The 1.6 drivers side motor mount (the metal one between the engine and the rubber block)is about a centimeter or so shorter than the Samurai's.

"Reality goes on without me!"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks! Now for the $64,000 question....Which one should I be using?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 09:56 PM

The 1.6 mount and 1.6 rubber mount together are the same length as the samurai mount, samurai rubber mount and metal bracket (the one between the rubber block and frame). The only variation betwen the two set-ups is the bolt and alignment hole locations on the frame side of each of the rubber mounts. I made a simple adapter plate that allowed me to use the Larger 1.6 rubber mounts and still have the 1.6 engine sit at the samurai stock height. Its hard to describe without pics.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hmmmmmmm........interesting. What is the recomendation of the vendors regarding the motor mount combination. I haven't found any info about this?
I do have a spare 1.6 rubber mount and it is taller (and larger) than the 1.3 rubber mount.
I'm assuming that the 1.3 rubber mount is used on the passenger side with the new mount supplied in the kit. Concerning the driver's side, I'm scratching my headas to which combination I should be using. Currently I'm using the 1.6 metal mount with Scott's awesome spacer he made for me with the 1.3 rubber mount. Should I change the rubber mount on this side to the 1.6 rubber mount?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 09:52 AM

On my Sammi, The drivers side has the 1.6 mount, 1.6 rubber mount and my adapter plate. The passanger side has the custom(1.6 conversion) mount, 1.6 rubber mount and the adapter plate. You can skip the adapter plate and drill the frame attached engine mount to accept the 1.6 rubber mount bolt and alignment hole. I use the adapter plate to spread the load out a little. I like using the larger rubber mounts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode