OT Opinion... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT Opinion...

My Daughters friends family just bought a brand new Chrysler mini van. With 1500 miles now on it it developed a main oil seal oil leak. 4 qts in 2 days.The dealer said the engine is NG and they are going to replace it. I say tell them "I want a new van!!" Opinions?. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 06:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT Opinion...

id raise ?eLL and make enough fuss till i did get a new van. you know they arent going to want to give a new van to them, but yup, thats exactly what i would do. absolutely noooooooooo reason for it to be in that condition with that kind of miles. yup, i sure would have a NEEEEEEEEEW van out of the deal.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 07:08 PM
Old Hand

Have them look into their states "lemon law". Every state is different and every manufacturer is different.

But most lemon laws will only kick in after several attempts have been made to repair the problem. Chances are very slim that they will get a new van. Now if it leaks again and again then their chances get better.

I went through this with an Isuzu pick-up. The rear main seal leaked 9 times!!!! The dealers and Isuzu ran me around for over a year. When they finally said they would honor the "lemon law" I had to many miles on it to qualify. Needless to say I will never own another Isuzu again.

Anyway.....tell them to keep track of all of their info....names, dates, etc.....

Good luck!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jbird88_5/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/zuwharrieinfo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:09 AM

if you raise enough He lloooo then almost anything is possible. If it was me... they'd be getting that van back...parked in a uncomfortable location.
Rae
TRAILS EDITOR
IZOOK.COM

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 02:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jim,
A local moving company had the same problem with a Suburban with the converted 350 to diesel. It went through 3 trannys and 5 engines.Because it was used in a commercial application they wouldn't do anything about it. They goy a crane and lifted it up on the top of their sign and put a sign on it that said"3 engines 5 transmissions it's a lemon don't buy a GM." Needless to say GM made it good and gave them a new truck.If all else fails try this approach,park it in a high visibility area with a sign stating the problems and then e-mail a picture to Daimler and watch how fast it gets fixed,they don't want any bad publicity.
ROB

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The dealer told them they were going to put in a new engine for them but I agree if it were mine I'd be ranting and raving for a new car. Hey you spend 25K on a vehicle I think you should be able to get a new one after 2 months and 1500 miles when it has a major failure. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 03:27 PM
zukiman

Why would they want a new van if all that's wrong with it is that it needs either:

A) a new oil seal, or
B) a new engine?

Unless the whole vehicle is full of faults or was somehow damaged by the bad oil seal, there doesn't seem much reason why the rest of the vehicle would need to be replaced.

-- Geoff Beasley

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 03:43 PM
Pooh-Bah

For the fact thats it has less then 1500 miles and the engine already has to be changed. Could it be things of worse to come? maybe it was the Lemon of the bunch .. why take a risk as their about to spend thousands of dollars over the next few years to purchase this if that havent already .. Comes down in my eyes to customer satisfaction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode