Disk Brakes / master cylinder screech - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Disk Brakes / master cylinder screech

I recently installed a full floater axle with a disk brake conversion and a proportioning valve. I have bled the brakes severa times but the pedal still feels a little mushy. The crazy thing is now I get a loud screeching noise when I hit the brake pedal and it sounds like its coming from the master cylinder. Anybody got any ideas why the master cylinder would make this noise? Also, is there a "trick" to bleeding the master cylinder???

Thanks,
James Hiers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 10:02 PM
WSB

Re: Disk Brakes / master cylinder screech

I always "Bench bleed" all master cylinders before installing them. This saves alot of time when bleeding the brakes
later. I think NAPA should have the kit to do this or you can make the lines yourself. To "Bench bleed" the master
simply fill master w/ fluid. Screw in the fittings into the master and attach hoses that are long enough to reach into the
master cylinder's resovoir. Place the whole thing in a vise so that the rear of the master can be reached. Take a screwdriver
and place it into the rear of the master like it is the brake rod. Push in slowly on the screwdriver and release until all the
bubbles are gone. When all bubbles are gone your done. Install master. Bleed brakes, go wheeling!

Wayne

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Re: Disk Brakes / master cylinder screech

Wayne,

Thanks for the info. I went wheeling today (powerlines near Atlanta) and I guess the bubbles in the master cylinder finally bubbled out; I've suddenly got firm brakes and the screeching I thought was coming from the master cylinder has disappeared. Life is good.

Thanks again
James Hiers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode