G.M. and suzuki s**k - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 07:40 PM
pook

G.M. and suzuki s**k

i,m sitting here watching autoweek,and they stated to watch for the new tracker/vitara platform slated for 2004 that will be front wheel drive,the show stated that the companys are trying to get away from the (cute-ute)offroad mobility to a more car like ride.......no mention if all wheel drive will still be an option.......i guess this is one of those cases where if you have something that works.. ruin it .
sorry i'm just in shock and have to vent.
thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 09:57 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: G.M. and suzuki s**k

I think GM wants everything front wheel drive .. reason they killed the F body and are closing the plant, but the name is going to come back in 04 some say as a front wheel drive car .. and since GM hold a large share of suzuki I believe they are convincing them to most likely do this .. GM does suck now for cars.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

GMC= Governmen Made Crap!!!! We need to act now to show our discust with the idea....we can stop GM, and we shall.

Drive fast and take chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 12:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, what do I say? F**K 'em, they won't touch my Zuki, I own it. Let them have their front wheel drive POS. As long as I can build a new Zuki when I roll this one, let the hosuewives and college co-eds buy all the front wheel drive GM's and Suzukis they want. That will keep them outta the real SUV's which will prolly lower our insurance because they'll be crashing those instead of the Sams and Jeeps.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 09:26 AM
Enthusiast

I heard that GM was going to bring out a new Impala SS and Bonneville STI. But this time they will be AWD. I'm up for that! A FWD Impala SS is an abomination after all...

GM is probably putting the screws to Suzuki. GM wants to bring out the H2 (what a gay looking machine), and they own Subaru (so I've heard), so where does Suzuki fit other than for a small commuter type car?

As much as I'd love to see Suzuki bring out a modernized version of the Samurai or similar it ain't going to happen as long as public opinion on vehicles is so "pansy foo-foo".

Solid axle trucks are dead, the new Suzuki trucks that are coming might as well be fwd commuter cars for all the good they do. So much for a proud history.

<sigh>

c.
--
http://root.moose.ca/~chris

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

subaru is part of subaru izusu not owned by gm we make the carpet for them

famous last words "BET YOU CAN'T DO THIS"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 03:38 PM
Pooh-Bah

But I'm pretty sure GM might have a good chunk of Isuzu stock too as they market the Rodeo in other countries with the Chevy symbol ..

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

And there is no linkage between Subaru and Isuzu...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 03:19 PM
zukiman

General Motors owns 20% of Suzuki, and shares the CAMI plant in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada, which produces the Vitara/Tracker and Swift/Metro.

General Motors owns 49% of Isuzu.

General Motors owns 20% of Subaru.

Subaru and Isuzu share the huge SIA plant in Lafayette, Indiana in which they produce most of the vehicles they sell in North America.

Almost every car manufacturer these days can be linked to every other manufacturer in one way or another because economies of scale encourage all these mergers. Sharing resources and competing on 3 or 4 fronts is more efficient than hoarding resources and competing on dozens of different fronts.

-- Geoff Beasley

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 03:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Seems like GM is going in the wrong direction Chrsysler is going to come out with a rear wheel drive V8 passenger car, Ford was smart enough to never do away with them and GM once it realizes that there is a market for these vehicles will have to play catch up.And once the Yuppies move on to hat ever they start to drive next the auto makers will start to go back to making 4x4s the way people really want them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode