Lift question? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 01:19 AM
redlinemike

Lift question?

Can I add longer shackles and nothing else and get a 2-3 inches of lift with out any problems? Also What size tire would I be able to run with that lift, I saw at a Suzuki signt that I shoyld be able to get 30 inch tires but how close is that gonna get to the fenderwell? thanks
Michael

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 06:50 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Lift question?

Mike,
To get 2-3 inches of lift from shackles, you'd need to have them 4-6 inches longer than stock. NOT a good setup! A longer shackle is ok, but don't go more than 1-2 inches, which only gives you up to an inch of lift. Check out some new arched springs, or better yet, do a SOA. A Zuke is about the easiest 4WD vehicle to convert! Good luck!
-(Too long shackles are unstable, and give steering and driveline nightmares).

Scott Trester - '88.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 10:37 AM
Buckyo7

if it wer me i would go with a 4.5 spoa from NCO just because from RRO you wouldnt get it for a few months....DO NOT PUT 4-6" shackles on..it will be a nightmare!!! i u need help with anything e-mail me at [email protected]

here are some sites
www.northcoastoffroad.com
www.trailtough.com
www.summitoffroad.com
try some of those

BUCK YOU!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

>if it wer me i would go with a 4.5 spoa from NCO just because from RRO you wouldnt get it for a few months....DO NOT PUT 4-6" shackles on..it will be a nightmare!!!

We have SPOA kits in stock with pitman arms. If someone wants a Zlink, we can ship the other parts immediately and follow up with the Zlink later. We do have a 4-6 week wait for our Zlinks since no other Zlink on the market touches ours for strength, engineering, adjustability, or quality. They are very much in demand.

2" taller shackles are approx 6" long. They are very common and do very well on Suzukis. You would have no problem at all running them.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 03:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

>if it wer me i would go with a 4.5 spoa from NCO just because from RRO you wouldnt get it for a few months....DO NOT PUT 4-6" shackles on..it will be a nightmare!!!

We have SPOA kits in stock with pitman arms. If someone wants a Zlink, we can ship the other parts immediately and follow up with the Zlink later. We do have a 4-6 week wait for our Zlinks since no other Zlink on the market touches ours for strength, engineering, adjustability, or quality. They are very much in demand.

2" taller shackles are approx 6" long. They are very common and do very well on Suzukis. You would have no problem at all running them.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 03:30 PM
Old Hand

This is how a Calmini 2-3" shackle reverse lift looks. been on for two years now.... No problems. Those are 30" 9.75 tires on it .... no rubbing...

Early 87 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" Calmini reverse lift, Calmini 2" Exhaust system, Kayline Full Doors,Steel Horse Seats, 30x9.5 Roadmaster rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer, soon a Pony & GRS-1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-503474-ZUK2000.jpg (10.5 KB, 21 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 04:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

mike you can also trim your fenders to fit the tires but then you must worry about the off-set of your rims as bigger tires will love your springs! I am plannin on a 2" expander shackle set-up trimmes flares and see how good I can stuff 31's??

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode