about to start on lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

about to start on lift

im already sprung over and after riding in Tw rig i have to get rid of those stock springs which after last weekend all have about a 2 inch negative arch in them ! heres what i have hunted up i have a set of 6 pack jeep springs that measure 32 from eye to eye there 2.5 inches wide not sure on the year jeep just that its a cj he said they came of the back. and i have a front set of springs of a old cherokke jeep that measure 36 inches from eye to eye 2.5 5 pack there . i thought all jeep springs where longer than sammys guess not but im going to imbarke on this proably this weekend any sugestions would be great! i would like to go yj but im i tight wad and going to make brakets all myself . got to brake that plasma cutter in anyways . well i well let you now how it turns out i will post a picture of the sprigs tommorow that way maybe yall now what they are LOL . i dont really care though there going on it beacuse they wore FREE FREE . and thats the kind i like ! also got a pare of back toyota springs but there LONG .

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 09:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: about to start on lift

Aren't the Cherokee springs going to be stiff? And that long of a spring seems like it would need an arm to keep axle wrap from trashing it? I thought about snagging my cherokee srpings from my wifes once it goes to the wayside, but figured I would have those probs. Let me know how it goes.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 10:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

a 6 pack of any springs does sound like a lot on a sammy! especially springs that are built to handle the poundin of a v6 put in a lightweight 4'banger!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

i guess you dint dont understand im putting theses springs uynder there. and im using the front of the cherkee and there shorter i might take a spring out but thats it there going on . i want a little stiffer than a yj spring.

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 12:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thifty is good, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Just cuz you find a free set of 3/4ton pickup springs doesn't mean you should use them. Make yourself happy and get some springs that will help your vehicle ride nice on the highway as well as perform decent offroad. Front CJ springs with 4 leafs work great. Cherokee springs wouldn't flex a bit unless you did some serious bonzai jumping.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

guess you havent ever seen me drive my sammy LOL . im just using the front cherokee springs the are about the same size as the cj so it should not make that much diference excpelly if i take one pack out . he that i good idea i think i got some extra 3/4 ton springs laying around , gee i think theres i little bit of diferenc there. i have herd people using the cj 5 pacsprings befor so i dont see the problem here . i guess i will find out this weekend when i put them on.

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

a 6 pack of any springs does sound like a lot on a sammy! especially springs that are built to handle the poundin of a v6 put in a lightweight 4'banger!

im just wonder studly what do think the yjs and toyota springs that everbody are using what size motor they where holding up 4 cly and 6 cly .Im still trying to figure out why you posted seeing how you dont even now if your springs are right side up. and yes they are a 6 pac if you count the 6 inch strio ont the bottom buty i think everbody just calls them a 5 pac

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 07:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Jeep CJ rear springs are almost the same as the Wrangler springs that everyone loves using. They are the same width and length, but I cannot be sure if the spring rates are the same. Either way, your rear should flex and ride as if you had a set of the Wrangler springs under it....which is pretty-much like a Cadillac! I bent up my CJ front springs which I had in the rear at the Melt and all I had laying around was a set of the Wrangler springs so now that's what is under my Zook. The only problem I've had is axle-wrap, because they are so soft...but I can live with it. E-mail me off-line if you need more info on the swap. The attached pic isn't that good, but that's the springs on my rig. BTW, the BOOMERANG Shackles in the pic I custom make. [email protected]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-501962-zukiboomerangrear.JPG (24.1 KB, 64 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 09:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

free is gooooood dparker. if you got 3/4 ton springs and can use them and are happy with the ride, you go for it. tim porter uses wagoneer springs in the back of his n chesters rigs. thats the nice part of doin custom fab on our zuks, we can use what ever we want!!!!!!!!!!! my newest zuk is set up for landcruiser springs. dont know if i will keep em or not. might redrill mounts so i can use YJ springs. who the heck knows. all i can say is go for it if your happy dparker!!!! send us some pics n let us know how it works out....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode