Smile for the cameras - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Smile for the cameras

Got a call from Mark Nobles at 4WD&Sport Utility magazine...

For those guys going to the Rubicon this year, make sure to smile if we point a camera your way, we'll be covering the ASA event for the magazine. Smile :^)

Once again, if you haven't already, RSVP to us for the Friday night BBQ.... please.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 07:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Smile for the cameras

Just got off the phone with Mark....

Polish up your rigs for the SOR trip too :^)
He wants us to shoot some Zuks for 'feature vehicle' articles.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 07:18 PM

Since I'm one of the few running YJ's spring under, I think they should include a pic of mine on the trail.

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 11:32 PM

AHHhh.. it sure would have been nice for them to make it to the MELT this year...Not all of us have the oppurtunity to make it to that side of the country for wheeling...There were definately some trucks worthy of a photo or two there since we had over 200 trucks in attendance. I hope that next year we can get the guys to make it to the Midwest!
Rae
Trail Editor
IZOOK.COM

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 01:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm going to make a serious effort to make the Zukimelt next year. If they don't have an editor posted to the event, I'll make sure to get with Mark about covering it.

One way or the other, we'll get some good coverage of the 'Melt going for next year.

For the Rubicon, we'll just be looking for WELL-engineered rigs playing hard. No poser shots.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 11:59 PM

GLENN- it would be a pleasure to finally meet you! I have been following RRO since my husband and I got into wheeling almost four years ago. The melt is a great event...I know that the terrian is probably nothing in comparison to what you normally get the chance to wheel in...but the frienships that you will forge are well worth the trip! I am not sure what you meant by posers...i assure you that there is a bit of everything at the melt...from bone stock with street tires to barely a zuk anymore with coils,drop arms, solid axle trackers, i could go on and on...but we don't have time for that here. Look forward to seeing you next year!
Rae
TRAILS EDITOR
IZOOK.COM

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 12:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

No "posing" means not driving halfway up an obstacle for a picture and then bailing off. If we're going to shoot it, its gotta real-time wheeling going on :^)

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 06:57 AM

They put out a great mag every month, last 3 issues had something samurai related in every one. They will be getting my subscription in the mail soon! Hope they keep up the Suzuki coverage.

Matt Schiccatano

88' stock still wondering what lift to go with

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:22 AM

GLENN- THERE WAS PLENTY TO COVER AT THE MELT AS FAR AS ACTION GOES... I AM SORRY FOR BEING SO BITTER ABOUT NO ONE FROM ANY MAGS MAKING IT THIS YEAR. IT IS A LET DOWN. US FOLKS IN THE MIDWEST DO A FINE JOB OF HOLDING OUR OWN WHEN IT COMES TO BUILDING AND WHEELIN OUR SUZUKI'S WITH HARDLY ANY COVERAGE. I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AS WELL AS MARK NEXT YEAR AT THE MELT.

RAE
TRAILS EDITOR
IZOOK.COM

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 11:37 AM

compared to 2-3 years ago... samis are already famous...

I felt like in 98-99 the mags didn'`t have the guts to cover the sami (chick truck?), until they (and so many other fellow wheelers) got word about how great and wicked they are...

they still have too much "if it aint a V8 w/ 400+hp and dana60 axles... its a sissy truck..." attitude...

but things are changing... and we get more and more "Jeep" etc.... -folks over here

somebody correct me please?

alfred

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode