Calmini 1.6 motor mount ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Calmini 1.6 motor mount ??

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the Calmini 1.6 motor mount driver's side spacer? I need to make one as mine doesn't have one. I've been hunting a bad vibration for quite some time and I'm running out of ideas....Thanks....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 05:36 PM
4xRonin

Re: Calmini 1.6 motor mount ??

Crow, It is 1/4" stock with two bolt holes for the top two mount/engine bolts only. You could get the same thing with washers and longer bolts between the mount/engine. I could whip one up for you if you like.

Scott Whitmore
"It's not that it's able to do the job. It's that it does the job so well"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 06:29 PM

Scott, how ya doing? While at the melt, did you decide you where going to change your truck any at all? Did it inspire you in any way? I thought your rig was pretty capable and really didnt see a weak side to its capabilities, but everyone i know has come home with an idea for change....Just wondering if you were going to do anything. By the way, i like the desert tan color of yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks Scott! I would really appreciate that! I'm still chasing my vibration gremlins......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 09:18 PM

Let us know if that spacer cures your vibration problem.
I installed my 1.6 motor without the plate and I've always
had a little driveline shake when accelerating in the first
three gears.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 08:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know what Calmini does, but we use a 1/4" spacer plate to releieve pressure on the rubber mount. Its about 3" long with 2 holes for the top two mounting bolts.

If you have serious vibes though, I'd check out the rubber mounts, the tranny mount, and of course.... the two tcase mounts. A VERY slight twist in them can cause vibrations.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 09:26 AM
Addict

I've wondered if that spacer played that big of role myself. I've got two Samurais with 1.6 engine in them.

The first Samurai has the old "weld tabs on the tranny" kit. It does not have the spacer. It also has wierd, rumbling type vibration at idle. The engine has a smooth idle too. Initially I thought it was the exhaust binding, but after replacing the entire exhaust the vibration was still there. I also thought it might be the harmonic balancer but after a lengthy discussion with Hawk Suzuki, I don't believe that's the case. The next step I was going to do was to put in the spacer.

The second Samurai has the RRO kit. It does not have this vibration problem and it has the spacer. Other than the that, the drivetrains are identical.

1988.5 Zuk: OD Green Paint, ARB Bumper, OME Lift, 1.6 engine, ISKY DP Cam, Weber Carb, CF II Clutch, 4.16 Transfer, etc.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 09:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I always wondered what that motormount looked like. Does anyone have close up pictures of it?
Oh and if i install a 8V 1.6 with EFI what type of fuel pump do I need?

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 05:24 PM
4xRonin

Crow, I made the spacer for you today. I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. I think it will put a grin on your face. I added that personal touch.

Max, I'm pretty happy with my rig overall. I'm trying to avoid the hyper-flex syndrome thats so rampant as of late but it's getting harder to not fall under it's spell. Especially since Tim with his coiled zuk is my main trail partner. I'm assuming you asked because I expressed interest in one of your 16v's. I'm still interested, I just can't do anything about it today. I regret not getting to meet your wife but your dog stole my heart.

DannyL, I'm pretty sure you can get clear pics on the kit both on Calmini's site and on Izook. As far as the what fuel pump to run I am currently using a 1-4lb electric unit that you can pick up at about any parts store. I've tried the 3-7lb units but I like the 1-4 better.

Scott Whitmore
"It's not that it's able to do the job. It's that it does the job so well"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-501467-aPostcard.jpg (40.6 KB, 46 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode