OT-Need some help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT-Need some help

Dont take this as a self pity party. My hours at work jus got cut again. I cant seem to give the tacoma away and i dont want to sell my sami's. So im gonna try to sell my Scout and/or its axles. I know this isnt the for sale board but i dont think that thing is worth my time.

Heres what ive got
1966 Scout 800 factory V8 (rare)
345 V8, T-18 4spd, Twin stick dana 20 t-case
Dana 60 rear. 5 lug 3.73 gears and a locker. Axle is completely rebuilt (new seals, bearings, gear, etc.)
Dana 44 front 5 lug 3.73 gears and a locker. This axle has also been completely rebuilt.
4 New 15x10 5 on 5 1/2 steel wheels

The Scout is not together, but is a rolling chassis, ive got all the parts to make one badass 4x4 but i need the money more than i need the scout. I would take $2,000 obo for the whole thing. I will seperate it tho.

I know this isnt a scout board either but maybe one of ya'll knows somebody who wants to build a badass rig cheap. Or you know somebody that needs some axles. If so please let them know about what ive got for sale. If i cant get sumthin sold soon im gonna have to sale the sami's. Please dont make offers on the sami's cuz there not for sale YET.

Jeepn, do you have any friends lookin for some serious duty axles?

Thanks for any and all help in this matter.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 03:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT-Need some help

Will,
Is the Scout a convertable ? If it is I am interested.What kind of shape is it in ?
ROB

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

All Scouts are convertables. This is the 800 series (the little ones) The scout is basically the shell of a body. Its past the point of restoration but perfect for a trail rig. It has NO dents but the floorboards need replaced.

Will
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 05:49 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Man, I wish I had the cash. You can swap a later model Scout tub onto the earlier frames. My younger brother totalled his '68 when he flipped it 3 times end over end. He wasn't wearing a seat belt and was unharmed, but did rip the Scout in 1/2 lengthways. He still has the drivetrain, which is weak, but he won't sell the PTO winch off the front. That's a nice setup, wish I knew someone that wanted it.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The Scout II's body wont fit on this frame as far as i know. It might but it will be hard. I know its a PITA to put an 800 onto a Scout II frame but it can be done. The axles are still full width and will bolt right under a truck if someone wanted to do that. A Scout 800 is actually wider than the Scout II, it doesnt look wider but it is. A full width will slide right under a Scout II but you have to move the perches farther out (closer to the drums) to fit them under the 800.

Anybody else need a badass rig or some nice axles. I need to get rid of them desperately.

Will
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 07:03 AM
I Do This For The Glory

It will with some modifications. The frames are a little different as well, but we have looked over the two and are confident we can make the swap easily enough.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode