OT: ALFIE this is for you mate - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 07:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT: ALFIE this is for you mate

I know you have been looking for a long range tank and my mate is currently selling one.

here's the link
http://www.suzisport.au.com/forum/to...Title=For+Sale

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Need some custom graphic/new media design done?
Visit http://www.newflavour.com today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 03:35 PM
Alfie

Re: OT: ALFIE this is for you mate

Cheers cobber,

I'll be in touch wiv him just as soon as I finish paying for my Suspension mods and Weber.

Time for another job I reckon,
Alfie.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 05:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's kewl man.

I dunno how long it will be around for as I'm even thinking about buying it off him once I finish paying for everything else I've gotten in the past week *laugh*

I'll keep you posted if he sells it or not.

You should join in on that bbs as it's a little more local to you and could be of some help.

Mark.

ps: the engine bay gets painted tonight (by me of course) and then engine is going in on saturday....she's almost there mate.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 11:12 PM
Alfie

What's your engine of choice?
I have a plan to go Swift block / Sami head and Weber. Mainly because it bolts in and I can fit bolts cos i'm clever.
Welding etc. is something I have to pay for, and it's not often I get exactly what I have in mind.
Alfie.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My engine of choice is a 1.3 standard bore bottom end which was originally built to take a supercharger but never got used. It has a GTI crank and Stud Girldes and we swapped the low compression pistons out for high compression ones.

The head has been shaved a little bit.

Custom Dual purpose cam (much like the isky), dual spring retainers, port 'n' polish inlet/outlet.

The whole lot has been totally reconditioned to spec, FULLY balanced (fly wheel, clutch, pulleys, internals etc etc), reconditioned carby with upsized jets (2x).

I already have tune length Genie Extractors. The engine has been tickled in every imaginable way.

All in all she'll be a little pocket rocket with tonnes of bottom end torque (a don't any of you try and tell me it won't have both as I know for a FACT it does). I would have gone 1.6 EFI but I have accrued too many points with my insurer with all my other mods(disc brake rear end, 2" body lift, 3" springs, cage, tyres, GTI seats, racing harnesses)and a total engine swap would put me over the limit and they wouldn't be able to insure me. At least this way I have a great engine that is way beyond stock but looks stock, so I don't have to tell them about it

I've been working on some very fancy "through-glow (c)" dash instruments for both sorts of sierra dash, swift GTI series 1 and 2, and 2 different Vitara dashes. Once they are done I'll send you pics. I can put any pattern I want on the instrument face and make it glow at night. hopefully the demand wil be huge so I can make it a little side business of the two different jobs I already have.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 03:31 AM
Alfie

So you're staying with the zook carb?

I plan the swift block which is basically what you have now. Geoff beasley uses a Sami head with 1.6 ex valves for more revability. and a Weber.
Thought i'd do the same.
Oh yeah Greg P says Webers aint legal over there ?
Can use em here, this year anyway.
I have the Genie headers but wouldn't mind knowing the grind degrees for your cam, as I may send mine off for grinding when I do the motor work.
Bonne chance mon homme,
Alfie.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 06:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

not sure about the webbers.....I'm sure you could put one on without anyone knowing.

DO NOT REGRIND YOUR EXISTING CAM. You are better off purchasing a new one or having one made from a fresh billet. Despite what people say it actually makes the zook engine run worse. I was originally going to do that to save $$$$ but soooooooo many people warned me against doing so.

The isky aint that expensive. My cam is a little more wilder than the isky dual purpose. that's why I have the torque and power in one. the GTI stuff helps with all that too.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode