Florida ride August 18th! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Florida ride August 18th!

Ok, We've got to do this!!!!! There is a trail a friend of mine told me about thursday that is pretty good for what I've been on. 1~2 miles of trail. River crossing (2 feet or so deep), mud bogg, real bad mud bogg, some good steep hills, sand, really really bad swampy mudd bogg (ok f*rd with 460, nitro, c6, dana like 10000, 44x20 boggers, some more nitro, holley 1000, this, that, nope, not a chance of getting to the entrance to that bog. It's a cool trail, another hhhheeee hawwww friend of mine went with me (c1500 chev), hehe, I had to pull him out once. "You're not going to tell anyone about this right?.....". ahhahaha yeah! Big truk + real tight turns, steep hills = 6000 lb of high center.

Anywhoo, I need to double check with the owner of this property to see if I could get a couple of people wheeling on it. 2wd with some good tires (studbilly) should be a-ok, except for climbing the real steep hills and crossing the creek.

Lemme know all!

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, Xenon lights, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 11:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Florida ride August 18th!

Hey Nowhere, I'll be in Fla the following weekend, could you possibly wait 7 days? We leave on the 20th and will arrive early the 23rd. Would love to check out this trail!

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hmmmm, I have not planned anything, just looking for interested people. A data has not been confirmed, but I am sure I could wait for you. The local zooks should be fine with that also. I'll try contacting the owner of the property later this evening.. Where are you going to be that week? Florida can be pretty large!!! Keys to the panhandle is like 50000 miles! Also what are the specs on your rig? I've got super swamper tires so I've got traction up the wazoo, it can get pretty mucky out there. The bfgoodies bog down kinna fast..

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, Xenon lights, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm moving to Brandon, suburb of Tampa. My Zuki at this point has:

2" s/r, 4.16 t-case, calmini cam, weber carb, hedman header, 31x10.50 BFG M/T

hope to have installed before the move:
rear springs up front, 2" bod lift, welded rear

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 05:38 PM

hey nowhere, if you wait until the 26th i can go (also can go the 12th) let me know!! 26th would be better--we can introduce zukiguy to florida mud!

cueball
88 hd-top,1.3with weber, calmini cam,headers & 2" exhaust, jacobs ignition, 3" national spua , 4.16 tc gears, 88.5 5th gear,29x10.50 swamper tsl sx's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 06:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was about to say....damn we have a event and I will not be present! anywho I am not gettin my liscnece until like oct 13th so by then I hopefuly will be converted and rear locked up??

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 06:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

oh yah I have just takin pix of my zuk and am goin to put them on a disk so I can post them! they should be here by friday bein the latest!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 07:42 PM

Just to let you guys know, I went riding this past Sunday with an XTerra group in The Ocala National Forest. Watch out. We were on one of the main roads (along side the bombing range) and we did not notice that the mud holes went from being puddles to 35's & up and very aggressive. We had one TJ with us and he was locked front and rear and running new SSR's. He made it as far as I did with my 31" Pro-Comp M/T's. Have fun, just be prepared. I'll have to hook up with you guys sometime. Think you guys will be ok with a Nissan tagging along? I want a Sami but right now it is not in the budget. One day.
Lator......

The Uglier The Tire, The Better The Truck Looks!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-499303-D22pullingStevesTJ1.jpg (77.0 KB, 27 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 08:19 PM

I like this one.
Lator....

The Uglier The Tire, The Better The Truck Looks!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-499359-Scramblerwavingforhelp.jpg (68.5 KB, 27 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 10:25 AM

Nowhere,
I am curious about your August ride. Where in Florida is the gathering going to take place. I live in north Florida, Palatka to be exact. We have some very nice trails up this way in the northern end of the Ocala National Forest. I also belong to an off-road motorcycle group called the Florida Trail Riders. We promote off-road motorcycle events and have several pieces of land available for off-road trail riding for all vehicles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode