Suzuki screws - Wildweasil was right! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Suzuki screws - Wildweasil was right!

I have been replacing all those pesky Suzuki phillips head screws on the body with stainless steel bolts/washers. A while back Glenn had suggested using heat to soften the locking compound that Suzuki uses in assembly. Well, it works like a charm! I used a propane torch to heat the screw heads and followed up with an impact driver. Better than the propane torch would be one of those mini butane torches you can get from Radio Shack as you can direct the flame more precisely. I wanted to share this if anyone was/is considering replacing them......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 09:07 AM
MRLoneWolfe

Re: Suzuki screws - Wildweasil was right!

Yea Crow,those damn screws will get you every time!!!You are definatly doing the right thing there,get rid of um!!!Stainless is much better.I always try to use antisieze compound on every thing i take apart.It makes a difference tring to get something apart on the trail!Best wishes WOLFE~

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 10:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Suzuki screws - Wildweasil was right!

or if you don't have a hot torch of some sorts you can use a Cold Chisel and a BFH. Thats' the way I got all of mine out, they are now replaced with allen key heads (nice and flush and easy to get out on the trail)

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Need some custom graphic/new media design done?
Visit http://www.newflavour.com today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode