Melt after thoughts....... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Melt after thoughts.......

Life for me has returned to it's norm. I wanted to post this earlier, but the return non-stop drive back to NY (18 hours), then going straight to work without sleep, then preparing for Red Hawk's outdoor& survival training and teaching for 4 days left precious little time to give this the time it deserves.
I had a blast riding with Rick and Scott! They are great guys and even though we've been communicating for a long time, it was a pleasure and honor to meet them in the flesh.
Scott and his wife were gracious enough to allow me to bunk over before driving the final leg to the Melt. I was truly touched by their hospitality and generosity. While there, I met Scott's buddies, Tim & Brad. They made me feel right at home and they too, are great guys. We had lots of laughs. Has Brad determined what the child care rates yet?
Rob & Melissa found me on the side of the road and pulled over to see if I was ok. I was moved by their kindness. They are really special people.
I looked forward to meeting many of the folks who have helped me or have shared advice with me. I met many, but sadly didn't have the time to really sit down and chat.
To rewind a bit, I originally wasn't going to be able to make it to the Melt. After speaking with Tim Tackett (NCO), I decided that I just had to go and meet him and his bride to be, Tatyana. It's so refreshing to see two spirits so deeply in love.
Phillip R, Watchful Spirit, Captn Crunch, Zukikid, and more.... You guys made a great event even better in meeting you.
I can't forget the NE zookers...Glenn, Alan, Max & Heidi, Tim & Shannon, Bob, & Randy. These folks are very special people. They made me feel like part of the gang.
The Melt itself...for those who had anything to do with it, you folks did an incredible job. I have a little experience in organizing large group events and know first hand how difficult it is and how much work is required. Troy, Jeff, Larry and whoever I missed, BRAVO! Thank you for making the Melt the great event it is.
I must also mention how powerful the commaradarie and the energy that carries it was in and around the Melt. Folks helping folks in all manner of ways was a beautiful sight to behold. The world should take notices of this....
For those who never met me, I want to thank you for having such outstanding rigs. I took home heaps of great ideas.
I must confess, I am sometimes mischievious. I did conspire to play a practical joke....switching all the removeable doors onto other rigs, but thought better of this. Didn't want to get anyone's knickers in a twist. It would have been a great coup!
I still have my "I don't like Scott" lettering on my windshield. People are always asking me, "Who's Scott"? My answer: "Probably the nicest guy you would ever want to meet".
Thanks to all for everything!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Melt after thoughts.......

AMAN brother my son and I felt like we were at a family reunion no better time was had hope to see you next year Alan & Colby

Seabee's can do we build we fight we play hard offroad
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CrowHorse, I introduced myself to you at one point during the 'Melt but alas you were preoccupied with something so I thought I'd come back later to chat. But as you well know, with as many good people as there were there to talk to, I never did get that chance to sit with you. My loss.

On a side note I just removed the name identification sticker from my window tonight. I guess my Zuk has sat in the yard since I got back. Time to hit some trails again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 10:02 PM

Alan & Colby, real good to see you on the board. Heidi's been talking about you two in her sleep. Apparently you made a good reputation for texas men. LOL. Had a real good time socializing with everyone. Hope when we all hook up at paragon that many of you can make it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:30 PM

CROW- I too missed out on a conversation with you! I was here and there and everywhere all weekend and didn't get much of a chance to BS with you...Looking forward to that next year! Thanks for all the kind words that you had about the folks and the event itself..But it isn't just us people that work hard on getting everything put in place...it is the great people(like yourself among others) that make the ZOOKIMELT a MUST attend event for Tatzook and I every year from now on.
Love to ya!
Rae

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 01:14 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Crow,

I too echo your sentiments. It was such a great "family" affair that I can't wait till next year. Glad you made it out, as I am too.

We'll see you again at Zookin' this fall and we will once again share in the commaradarie you speak so fondly of.

And speaking of truly kind and caring spirits, and I think I speak for the whole BBS family when I say that you aredefinately one of those.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

RGD, Rae, Tim, My apologies for not making more time to chat. I don't recall what my preoccupation was (might have been related to Rick L. breaking DT parts LOL!) Redardless, it is My loss. Thanks for your kind words.
I wouldn't have made it at all if it wasn't for Max. I got a 1.6 from him at the 11th hour. It ran perfectly and I'm thrilled to bits by not having to be constantly under the hood as was the case with the old 1.6. As a side note, I just did my mileage figures and as loaded as I was, I got 22.95 mpg's (adjusted for tire size). I'm a happy camper!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 06:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yeah, ummm humm, i know where i rate now crow. geeze, thanks man[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]!!!!!!!!!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]hahahaha just jerkin your chain man. i stayed pretty busy, so i cant blame you completely huh? hahaha glad to have finally met ya. lookin forward to the next time.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 08:54 AM
4xRonin

Crow, the honor was ours. You have an open invitation to bunk here anytime. Next time I will try to be a better host and allow time to kick back, relax, and enjoy good conversation with you.

Scott Whitmore
"It's not that it's able to do the job. It's that it does the job so well"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Billy Bob.... Please accept my sincerest and deepest apologies!!!!!!!! How could I forget our shopping at the grocerey store?! Between me covered in mud (literally), and you with your trendy "doo", I still laugh about the looks we got. I'm really glad I got the opportunity to meet you AND taste your exquisite culinary talents! Next time we'll sit and chat more.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode