zukor need info on drive shaft - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 01:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

zukor need info on drive shaft

zukor,
cool pic on the shaffer coil kit. Mike never had the time to take pic on my sami build up.
I wanted to know where did you get the rear drive shaft, and how do you like it on the road and off road. The drive shaft in my rear is just a front sami drive shaft that has been shortend. Also how much was it.

86 Sami,shaffer coils kit,33's MTRs, 4.16 Tranf,5.43 axle,ez-lock front,ARB rear,Disk brake rear,cutting brake,Toy Pwr-breeze steering,Mini sami trailer.{Uses front clip & rear tub welded as One)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 08:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: zukor need info on drive shaft

I got the front and rear from Arizonia Drivelines. Here is the link, go to the bottom of the page. They were $295.00 each and it cost $50 to have them shipped to me in Ohio.

http://www.arizonadrivelines.com/prod02.htm

They have the 1310 Spicers. I like them on and off road. I don't have the dimensions on me at this time. Shaffer knows what the lengths should be. I haven't had any trouble with them at all. If money is not a problem, they are sweet. I have two pics of them next to my old shafts. I'll post them later after I get them scanned in.

Tim Evans
88 Coiled Samurai
"Zukor"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pic one of shafts compressed.

Tim Evans
88 Coiled Samurai
"Zukor"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-494781-0016.jpg (46.3 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pic two of shafts fully extended.

Tim Evans
88 Coiled Samurai
"Zukor"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-494782-0015.jpg (41.2 KB, 22 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Great pics Tim. Really shows the advantage between the old and the new in terms of shaft travel.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you for posting the pic of the drive shafts they will help me decide which companies i want to go with.. Thanx

86 Sami,shaffer coils kit,33's MTRs, 4.16 Tranf,5.43 axle,ez-lock front,ARB rear,Disk brake rear,cutting brake,Toy Pwr-breeze steering,Mini sami trailer.{Uses front clip & rear tub welded as One)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-495633-july4picsami0006.jpg (25.4 KB, 27 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I also got my shafts from Arizona Drivelines, but I got CV's front and rear. One thing I didn't realize, is that flat towing, the 2 shafts will spin together. So, if the rear is doing 70, so is the front. That is why I got a CV in the front. And I've had not problems with the Rear on the street or off road. The rear has 1310 U joints, the front needs smaller u joints to clear the cross memeber. The first one I got had 1310's and hit it pretty bad, so I sent it back, and they redid it for me. I can't remember exactly what the number was, maybe 1210's? I think it is out of a Bronco II or about that. Has worked well so far up front!
Hope this helps

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Chuckstr, do you flat tow your Zuk with the transfercase in neutral? I used to do this until I realized that the front driveshaft turns with the rear. With the transfercase in 2 HI only the rear shaft will turn. For long trips I've started unbolting the rear shaft just to be safe.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 11:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, so, I am no expert on this stuff, but as I understand it, if you leave the tcase in 2wd, you have not disconnected the intermediate shaft. Therefore, you will be spinning the rear shaft, intermediate shaft, and hence the Transmission! I do believe this is a no no because of lubrication issues within the transmission??? Anyone else have more knowledge of this?? So, I chose to get a front shaft that can keep up with my rear shaft, and save my transmission! Before I did my springover, I towed it all over the country with the factory set up, and had no problems. My first set of U joints even lasted about 100k before being replaced!
Hope this helps....

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode