Dual T-cases - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 03:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Dual T-cases

My two cents- The ones in the blue tilt-nose sami are stock t-cases, and there is a frame they bolt into so they are held together, as long as the flanges line up then they should last okay. Me I am just going to run a shaft with 2 ujoints from the tracker t-case to my sami case. then no worrys about the alignment. frankly I was unimpressed with the duel t-case set-up as it only had stock gears in them.
as such they where about the same gearing as I have now.
(4.16 and 4.62) Now if you arn'y geared down I am sure it will help. (Of course with a stock and 4.16 that would be more impressive.)

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

OK, the way i designed my bracketry, the 2 tcases are tied togeather with breackets, so it isnt just at the flanges.
Glenn, as i said this will give me over 5:1 low range, so thats more than a GRS 2, which is good for crawling with 33's.. And for 10 bucks of material i cant go wrong.

post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I worked in Hydraulics for awhile and we mounted pumps to motors all the time. In my experiece if you do not have the the shafts lined up nuts on, then bearing failure is going to happen. They make things called flex couplers that connect to the shafts and work like a ujoint. The thing about these is that it mount the components shaft to shaft with minamal about of wasted space. the other thing is that you can have them made costom. This would be expensive though. Just a idea from me.
http://www.magnaloy.com/Products/drive_couplings/
Jason

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-491906-spc.jpg (5.1 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Nothing wrong with it, you will only be a little higher than mine but hundreds cheaper! Not knocking it at the least.
(Just used to low gears allready.) (And want to go evan lower..) Isn't one of yours also an SJ410 case? If so then you will be a bit lower still. Good job. I will get you the pics tomorrow.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
post #15 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anton,

Check your Princess Auto catalog, they have flex couplers in there. They might be okay for offroad use, but I don't think they would work well for street and highway use.

Walter

post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They will work depending on size, 250 hp 3600 rpm it is worth a look.

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Walter where are you located?

post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

JEEPN,

Don't be so bashful.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

You're crawl ratio is soooo loooowwwww right now that you don't even see it move![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I think it works out to 1,238,993,664,823,748,287,368,768,723,081,928,346, 101.847:1, or very close to it. Heck, and from what I've been reading, it looks like it takes quite a while just to burn a tankful of gas!

Glad you have a sense of humour. Don't get bummed out by the Zook. She will grow on you and her heart will open and let you in as her beloved. Once that happens, you'll only need to backslap the lil' b!tch once in a while to keep her running the straight and narrow.

Just dont' let her get mixed up with those delinquent Jeep punks. I've seen too many wholesome Zooks turn to a life of grime after hanging out with those scallywags.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] If she starts down that road, be sure to send her to Yankee Tim's Boarding School for Wayward Samurais.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 06:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anton, that's Walter from our club. Nice to see you finally chirp in with us Walter. Hopefully you'll frequent this site more often and shed some knowledge taking up space in that brain of yours. Everyone else on this BBS be careful. Walter has a tendency to buy anything and everything that he sees for sale. Wether he'll ever use it or not doesn't matter LOL.

post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Oh ok.. Sortof thought so.
Walter, do you ever plan to pick up the toyota frame? What are you planning to do for august long weekend, becuase im in need of somone to drive my zuk there or tow it or somthing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode