brr... its cold, i need a jacket - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

brr... its cold, i need a jacket

well after 3 days of constant playing around under the hood, i think ive got this thing under control... ever since i gave her a stern talking to after she puked antifreeze all over the garage, she has been behaving quite nicely... AND SHE RUNS COOL AS A CUCUMBER! the needle on the temp gauge doesnt move above the line for normal operating temp anymore!! im really excited about that

and i also found out why i have been miserably under powered for the last month or so (cant remember when it started exactly)... when i was trying to get the O2 sensor off (still havent accomplished it, its on there TIGHT), i disconnected the spark plug wires so that i would have more room for my hands... well the number one cylinder wire came off unusually easy, so i was a little perplexed... the cap on the end of the plug looked different than the other 3, so i took it out for closer inspection... turns out the cap that the wire connects to somehow got off the plug and stuck in the wire so it wasnt getting a good connection at all... ive been running on 3 cylinders for quite some time now, feels good to get back to 4

hmm, i guess thats all ive got for now... just thought i would fill ya'll in on my weekend of wrenchin'

thanks all that helped me out with that fan... definatly a good mod!

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 05:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: brr... its cold, i need a jacket

I tried and tried and couldn't get my O2 sensor to break loose. Some suggested using a torch and heating the maifold. Before I got that far a friend suggested using a pipe wrench. I ended up moving a few things so that I got a good grip on it a after a few pulls it broke free. The harder you pull on the pipe wrench the tighter it closes and it never slipped at all, but I was pulling hard enough to pull the engine forward. Just something to concider trying.
Good luck,

Glen
Calmini S/R
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 09:17 AM

If you havn't already done it, remove the exhaust manifold and you can get a better angle for the wrench.

-Farther
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

i got the O2 sensor off last night... all it took was hitting the wrench with a hammer harder than i like to hit things on my car with... put the new sensor in no problem... i guess it runs better (what exactly does the O2 sensor do?)...

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode