4those who think pink ws easy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

4those who think pink ws easy

I want to start a post to see what other people think about the pink trail and hard wheeling in general.

Personally i thought pink was easily done and found that in almost every situation there was no consequence for off camber area's. Note i said almost. Now its not my point to make it seem that it was all easy, but i think its a matter of perspective. I noticed that when the new england group went to paragon we thought it was all really a joke with some fun stuff, but pick your poison was hard and there were other stuff that seemed promising but we couldnt do it becuase of our guide. Yet many of the other zukist seemed to think it was very hard, some thought it was too hard. Its all perspective i know, but i want to get together with some guys who thought pink was not so hard and want to really wheel there rigs in an area that challenges them every step of the way. And a trail that goes for a ways not a quarter mile.

Where do i need to go (besides moab which ive been, but its to far to go from here) and who wants to hook up and when? Im thinking another run to paragon might be in order, but id like to hear about tellico as well.

Im interested in hearing what other people have to say and suggestion as to where and when we might set up a run somewhere else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 02:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4those who think pink ws easy

Tellico is good. check this out
http://cnc.4x4.org/images/tellico_map.gif
http://home.att.net/~eadams44/murphymap.htm
http://www.georgiamagazine.com/outdoors/nf/atv/

I was not at Zookimelt so I can't tell you how they compare. But I have not found lack of challange at Tellico.

Jason

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 03:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yea I have to agree with Max, the trails where fun but not a challange. (My 2 puntured tires aside..) I think paragon with the proper guide would be great, and I have heard good things about the hardcore areas of tellico. I guess we are used to falling off a mountain.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

although it was easy, it was alot of fun both times we did it. The expert trail was slightly more challenging

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Looks like we are alone??? Im surprised to be honest. Randy call me so we can set up something about the front end of yours. Or email me your number offline and ill call you. Max

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 11:41 PM

Hey Max,
I am ready for another paragon run. I know you were referring to me when you were talking about too dificult but I won't bail on you this time. I am looking forward to the pics you promised. Paragon has a group of enthusiasts called the dirty dozens that host rides just about every month and usually have a great turn out and the price is discounted. They are a great group to wheel with and invite everyone. They run all the trails. Devin with the 95 Zook got to run M-trail a couple of weeks ago. He said it was extreme but had a great guide and made it through with minimal body damage. Let me Know if you or anyone want to make a trip down to paragon again for a weekend.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 12:02 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I have been on several parts of PINK and in my 95% stock zuke ,I found it to be a challenge.Now since my zuke is PINK,I guess I will have to fall off a mountain to get a rush[remember I am from the 60s]it will take a lot.Great wheeling with you guys,have a great summer,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Jeff, im all for another run down to paragon. I want to fix Heidi's rig so that she can drive too. Actually no Jeff i wasnt reffering to you, although now i know you feel that way. No Steve and his brother mentioned that, and definately steves wife, and there friend with that really really nice white sammi that got trailered there and parked on the side of every trail.
This deal your talking about sounds really good for us, we could use the discount thats for sure. Its hard to wheel from wednesday to sunday on 25$ then go to paragon for 50$ a day.... I think ill shoot for late august to get down there. That should give me time to fix her rig and recover from this trip of driving.

Those pics, well i have about 5 cd's burnt of just paragon, and the ones of zukimelt are really not that good, Heidi doesnt understand either how or when to use the camera. Maybe its a combonation of both? No articulation shots and more pictures of the dog then i care to look at. Dont get me wrong, he's a sweet heart, but hardly any good pictures. She also rode with me thru everything and only got out a couple of times the second time thru. Now the real problem is i have downloaded them onto the laptop and have no connection to the desktop. I have a network hub that i purchased, but i have yet to find the network card for the laptop to link the two together.....Its going to be a while till i can get it hooked up right.
I hope when we all go down that courtney can come too, Heidi and her would get along fabulously.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 11:35 AM

ZukiMelt trails were fun, not difficult. To alot of people they were hard because they never get to wheel stuff like that.

The hardest trails I have run at an event on the East Coast is the Big Dogs Event. If you want breakage, carnage the whole way and a solid 8hrs on the trail then do the #10 trail at Big Dogs this coming September for their ZukIn event. Their number 8 trail rates up with the Pink trail and 10 is pretty hard.

Make sure you bring plenty of spares since Zuks at Big Dogs is not a common occurance.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Where is the big dogs event? Is that at tellico? I see that tellico has long trails so im assuming thats where you mean. Sounds like a great time, i will have to check there event calander if thats the place, please let me know. I like wheeling with all types of built rigs, doesnt have to be zuki's to please me, just good communnity. Have spares, will travel...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode