back from the melt also - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

back from the melt also

Anton and I had a super time.It was great to meet the people from the boards and find they are even better than you thought.I got to pull a HEEP back up on his tires after he rolled it trying to follow a zuke thru a tank trap.I was a trail guide for the plaid trail[newbie 4x4s] and we had a great time.They had no idea what a stock or slightly modified zuke could do.Anton and I got there on wed.,and rode some of the green,orange,pink and of course the plaid trails.Those of you who took Anton out on the other trails so he would not be stuck on the plaid for days,THANK YOU.RAE,we will get you in the driver seat of the hot pink zuke yet.My Porterized zuke did everything I could hope for.At 1000 RPM,I could idle up everything thing I aimed it at.All I broke was my 12,000# winch trying to fix a zuke frame member.It will be a cheap fix,so to celebrate I bought a 8000# WARN just in case. My friend from the Topica site let his 16 year old daughter ride with me-never been off roading before,so after riding with me for an hour, I put her behind the wheel of my zuke , she listened to what I said and she hit the sand dunes,rocks and mud.I was very proud of her and let her drive my zuk for 3 hours. My last story is ,Thinking I could drive from the camp to the Badlands.It took 3/4 hour to go 8 miles on a highway,used a 1/4 tank of fuel and got past by a farm tractor,talk about being geared to low for the highway .It was great to meet all you folks ,ride and talk with you.BIG THANKS To BILLYBOB for all the cooking[several hundred meals] and the dealers for supporting us and of course the IZOOK STAFF.GOD BLESS,see you next year,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 07:46 PM

Re: back from the melt also

glad you made it back RR & had a good time wished i was there, but i will be next year
TW

Home Pagehttp://home.talkcity.com/SparkplugSt/trailwalker1/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Trailwalker,it was great,you will have to make it next year,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yah it sounds better than I could imagine...of course I would start off on the plaids but hell I would try n hit the big stuff to!! Gosh I so hope I can get my liscence and ride up to NC for zukis on the rocks!! Glad you made it back!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 09:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Isn't zukis on the rocks at the Rubicon?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 09:22 PM

dang i guess i missed something , when did they move the rubicon to NC

Home Pagehttp://home.talkcity.com/SparkplugSt/trailwalker1/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have no clue but I went to ???'s website and it had instructions to get there and driving time and what-not! but yah I think it was.....ZUWHARRIE NC or something like that!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 10:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey RR, Sounds like you had a great time. Hope the Northeast Guys were kept in line. Happy your home safe. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 01:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glad to here that all was a good time. And im sure Anton suprised you with his Knowlage of building he is quite the smart kid as well as a driver. Did you happen to see the blue long wheel base Sammy that was also from Manitoba?
How did he Make out on the trails?

Manitoba Trail Masters
Brent

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 09:55 AM

Hey RR,

It was nice meeting you and all the others who are on this list and were at the melt. I finally have faces to place the names with. Thanks for taking care of my wife's foot. I think she'll be OK. Unfortunately, she had to drive more than 400 miles home yesterday after my tow points broke on the Sami. Luckily, we didn't wreck; the points broke the moment we pulled into a parking lot. I'm glad the man upstairs was watching out for me! I had just come off the highway (and doing 70mph) moments before the breakage. I imagine we would have flipped had it happened just a few minutes earlier!

Ren thanks you too for taking care of her injuries. She was thoroughly impressed with everyone she met and hopes to have her own Sami there next year. I guess I'll be the passenger...

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (next week), 29 Super Swampers... more to come.... AARRRRRRRG!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode