Gettin' frustrated with this Zuk. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Gettin\' frustrated with this Zuk.

I've about had it. Nothing on this damn thing is working right. I got it started after replacing the plugs, cap, and rotor, and it ran well...at idle. Here is the strange thing, it ran fine at idle and in reverse, not in the forward gears. If I put it in reverse it'd idle and accelerate fine.

It's headed to the garage, I'm tired or messing with it. I'll give it one more shot, then I'm getting rid of it, and all of them, and sticking only with jeeps, they have never given me so much trouble. I'm tired and frustrated, and it's miserable working on this damn thing, it seems like it's fighting me the whole step of the way.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 08:55 AM
pook

Re: Gettin\' frustrated with this Zuk.

beleve me right now i know how you feel,
i just bought another one and this one has got me talking to myself,and saying some not so nice things to it also.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 09:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's ironic. Most of the guys I know with Jeeps can't pour enough money on them to keep them running. Sounds like you have a bad stock carb or sensors from the description. The stock carb is good when all the sensors and ECM work, but they are a pain when they don't. Will run great one day and not the next.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 09:05 AM

I feel your pain,too.When I first got mine,The rear end had to be rebuilt,the carb needed rebuilding I only put about 6K miles on it in one year.Rebuilt carb....things are OK now.But I was as close as you to getting rid of mine.My XJ had never givin me that much trouble.

Hey,I know a shortcut......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 09:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Try the test for the sensors. Under the dash find the slide switch. Slide it over start the engine and the sensor light should be on. Let it warm up tp idle then bring the rpms up tp between 1500-2000. The sensor light should flash. If it does than all the sensor stuff should be OK. If not let me know and when I get home I can get the pin out for specific things on the ECM connector. Good luck. Hang in there I just had a frustrating time and finally got it going. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 09:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know what you are going through. But my Zuk is my daily driver and headache. If it is not one thing it is another. But I still get to work everyday and still have better milage thatn my wifes TJ. It is a love hate relationship.

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I must just be blessed with good fortune neither my 84 cj or my 88 zuki have ever let me down, stopped running, or broken parts (other than that spun peice of friggin crap 2 peice axle on the cj) which I promptly replaced w/superiors. Oh, and that emissions problem with the zuki which was quickly remedied with a weber and removal of that emissions crap.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 84 cj7 Laredo [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Superior 1 piece, more to come.....[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 12:14 PM
Veteran

Hey JEEPN man i know what you are ging through . I started a simple cj spring swap about a 3 weeks ago and every time i think i'm close something else goes wrong. his is my daily driver so i need it back, before freinds get po'd about givn rides. Step back have a cold bevy and just think of the fun when it's finally done.

Later Sean

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 06:32 PM
Apprentice

you might want to check those vaccum hoses..they may not be leaking but the walls can collapse and block the vaccum...just as bad...i just replaced all of mine...12' of hose will just about do it....zuks are really reliable (believe me) i just returned for Belize..man zuks are all over the place...new ones too...they love them down there

86' stock
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 07:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought my Suzuki about two years ago. It has no problems. Only thing I did when I first bought it was to have a reliable mechanic check it out. Then he listed about $500.0 worth of repairs. I let him fix it. Then now, two years later with about 20,000 miles done by me, my Suzuki is flawless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode