NEW STEREO QUE: - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 05:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NEW STEREO QUE:

welp I took my doors off which meant it was a good idea to take out my still un-hooked stereo! anywho you see I thought that I had the battery supply wires hooked up wrong! Nope cause get what the amp decided to do to me while I was disconnectin the so called non-battery terms...yeper almost shocked the hell out of me!! I finally sat down and thought about it and thought about how this system was sittin in storage for a long time so my answer to myself was that the wires went bad!! I know this because my red power wire was the one zappin at me and the black one was not!! anywho I made my way to wal-mart and looked at there amp kit...by the way good idea?? there power cord ran all the way to the battery itself!! But I had it hooked to the power wires that were hooked to the stock stereo (had a amp installed!). So should I go with the kit it is only 20 bucks! The only thing that confused me was that it has a wire that runs all the way to the battery??

P.S. Because I will be runnin doorless...I want to cement my damn stereo to my car (probably only my main service and bolt the speakers and everything else down!) would it do any good at stoppin someone from stealin it?? Hell it would seem like they would then have to rip the hole dash off??

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: NEW STEREO QUE:

to the top once more...come on guys I know this is the longest A$$ problem I have had but I need to go ahead and get this done finally!!

Thanx
Studly
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:02 PM

the power wire needs to go all the way to the battery.

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

10-4 so I should go with this kit then??

Thanx
Studly
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:43 PM

them kits are good seeing how they com with inline fuse yeah i would go with the kit

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Studly:

Running the red power cable to the battery might be a great thing, but what happens 2 hours after you hook it up?

Perhaps a dead battery?

Some amplifiers are controlled by the radio that is driving it -- either by a wire or by a sensing circuit inside the amp that tells when it is being driven. Those units can be hooked directly to the battery because the radio will turn them off.

Examine the amp and radio carefully for control connections. If they are there, use them. Otherwise, wire the radio and amp in parallel & make sure that you have a big fuse in the circuit!

acker

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

There is a +12v out on the raido that is designed for powered antennas (they go up when on and then down) and for the switch or the center terminal on the amp (turns amp on only when raido is on... The kit is kinna cheezy, it is nice though to have a good fused high current lead running from the battery, I made my own, lots of electronic experience..

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, Xenon lights, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I am gettin 2 jensen speakers and I do not know what I a goin to do with the other 2 normals with tweeters built in!! I am just now commin up with ideas on how I will make my system very much less chance for a car thief to get lucky!

Thanx
Studly
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 11:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

In highschool somebody stole a broken tape deck and 2 POS 6x9's out of my sami. Insurance gave me 900 bucks, i had maybe 2 bucks in the whole stereo and that was jus for wire.

Anways, before i made it a trail rig i reinstalled a stereo and here is what i did.

For subs i used 1 8" kenwood powered sub. Hit as hard as 2 fosgate 10's. I used 1/2 cable and padlocked it to the rollbar.

The tailgate is hollow and divided into 3 sections. I used 3/4" birch plywood as the front of the box and used the tailgate sections for the back and sides. I put 2 pioneer 6x9 4way unbreakables in it.

In the front i ran 2 6 1/2" pioneer unbreakable 2 ways.

For a deck i used a JVC tape deck (detachable faces, are awesome) with a JVC cd changer that i mounted under the drivers side seat. The deck was bolted to the dash and took me a 30 minutes to get it out and i knew how it was put in.

I did 3 barrel rolls and an endo and it NEVER SKIPPED.

I ran no amps, and it hurt to sit inside even tho it has a soft top. Remember, you will lose sound quality with a softop.

As far as thieves. All locks do is keep an honest person honest. If they want it, theyre gonna get it. But, they never got mine.

Hope this helps,

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 11:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

oh I know if they want it they will get it!! I am just goin to make it so much of a challeng that if they could get through to it...let em have it cause they apparently want it really bad!!

Thanx
Studly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode