Front Oil Seal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 12:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Front Oil Seal

I am planning on replacing the front oil seal on my '87 Samurai. It leaks bad.... They tell me I can do it without pulling the engine. Anyone have any advice before I start. I bought the seal, is that all I need to do the job?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 01:09 AM

Re: Front Oil Seal

front oil seal? camshaft seal or cranks shaft seal? i would replace both of them will i was in there. you will have to remove timing cover and timing belt if you have alot of miles on your motor you might want to think on changing your timing belt too unlees money is an issue.

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 09:34 AM
Old Hand

I just replaced the cam and crank seal on my Zuk. I replaced the timing belt while I was in there. The belt only cost $12, so why not.

It's not that tough of a job to replace the seals. The hardest part is getting the timing belt gears off. The Haynes manual is actually not bad to for this project. Although, Haynes is wrong about setting up the timing marks when you re-install the belt.

If you have any questions e-mail me and I'll try to help.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jbird88_5/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 11:44 AM

yeah if you go by the haines tells you you well be putting your motor 180 out so when you get to that step make sure you turn the camshaft right the oppset of what they tell you

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 05:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hmph, I think I've got the haines manaul and just did the lower crank seal with the timing belt also.. The lower one was leaking kinna bad. I think the rear one is also. I'm running synthetic with 105 on the clock.. The distrib also leaks (I dunno where to get those 2 seals!?). The rear one seems to be leaking too, I dunno.. When under the zook, I can see oil beads on the transmission. I hope it is just oil from the distributor. Is it anoying to replace the rear crank seal? I pulled the radiator when I did my timing belt and lower crank seal. It was real easy, but took me about 4 hours. The timing belt must have flown away so I called a friend to take a trip down to the local discount.. The belt had jumped 1 tooth.. Runs great now but it smokes real bad if she sits for a while idling and is reved after that. I'm thinking valves.. Time to use the compression tester..

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, Xenon lights, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode