does anyone have a 1.5" wheel spacer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

does anyone have a 1.5\" wheel spacer

Howdy,
I would like to know if anyone knows of where I might be able to get a 1.5" wheel spacer. I've got a really nice set of f-150 rims that I have been running, but would like a wider stance. Okay I lied, I want to sling mudd everywhere and look like the swamp thing.

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God dones't have to hand out brains every day!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: does anyone have a 1.5\" wheel spacer

well jim you can go to rocky-road.com under misc. stuff and you will find spacers for like...105 buckaroos a set!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:42 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Something I just did was to cut the weld holding the center section in place, invert it, and reweld it back on. This gives me 2" of backspacing on the stock 5.5" wide rim, which is perfect for the front axle and the 32" Swampers.

You could do something similar only move it in more, I looked at some Jeep/Scout rims I have and they'd actually be easier.

Of course, this is not for the faint of heart. I do know how to weld properly (heat, penetration, cooling, length, and speed) and took the risk that the rims may not turn out "true". I took my time to make sure everything was exactly right before welding the center section back on, the rims balance fine, and are not out of round either.

Just a suggestion, but it'd save you some $$$, which I'm all for.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

whoa whoa whoa whoa!! You have lost me on somethin that totally interests me (did you say save some $$$??!!!!! LOL) So could you put this in redneck terms?? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 07:41 AM
Cap34

I don't have it in front of me, but I saw an ad in a recent 4X magazine that offered spacers built to your specs.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 08:19 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Redneck terms? It's a different "Redneck" than the southern "Redneck", so I'll try. We have our own "Redneck" dialect way downeast heah. Try to keep up...

<font color=red>Grab da rim n'cut da weldson da bahck. Poundit down with a hammah so its wheren'you want it, n'weldit t'gethah.</font color=red>

That's it. Simple, direct, clear and concise. Downeast Maine has it's own dialect from the rest of the state, as Max can attest, along with their own rules, laws, inbreeding (no joke), ethics, and mannerisms. It's not a bad thing, but if you don't understand it, it'll seem kinda weird. This is the region the "You cahn't git there from heah" originated as there are so few roads. In case you didn't notice, the words tend to run together, and the "er" is replaced with an "ah", among other things.

Make sense? In the northern part of the state it's different as well, they speak "Fringlish" up there, which is a mixture of English and French, or is it French and English. Less inbreeding, but definitely another country by irtself (all potatoes and no lobstahs).

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode