1.6 swap questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

1.6 swap questions

hey guys, i need your experience! found a good deal on a 1.6 8 valve tracker engine. if i swap it in can i use my hedman header? will it work with factory a/c? i will definitely want to use my weber & maybe my calmini cam if it will work? just how much power gain can i expect--is it really a worthwhile swap from a good running 1.3??
also, how hard is it to adapt the seats out of the tracker? is it worthwhile? thanks in advance!!

cueball
88 hd-top,1.3with weber, calmini cam,headers & 2" exhaust, jacobs ignition, 3" national spua , 4.16 tc gears, 88.5 5th gear,29x10.50 swamper tsl sx's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 08:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1.6 swap questions

Though we haven't personally tried it with the Hedman, from what I've heard from customers over the years, I don't think it will clear the larger bellhousing of the 1.6 block.

You will be able to use your cam though.

If you have some specific questions we can help with, please feel free to call and ask for me. Our engine kits with our exclusive 6point mounting systems are in stock and can ship same day.
http://www.rocky-road.com/zukengine.html

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 09:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well if the performance gains of the 1.3 apply the same way...you would easily be pushin 100+ HP! and probably some good torque to with that weber! as for the bolt in...rocky road has a good kit for the price but I have had people steer me to trail tough, but I have never used either!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 12:21 AM
Addict

RRO is right -- the hedman will not clear the adaptor plate. I ran them for approx. 5 years until I did the 1.6 swap. I tried -- but it wouldn't go. The angle of the hedman just doesn't allow it to clear the adaptor plate.

I'll be back.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 12:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The header can be slightly bent or crushed to clear the adaptor plate as they are made of very thin steel. It is suprising how much you can bend it.

Manitoba Trail Masters
Brent

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

sounds like i might be able to modify the header to work but no one has told me if the swap will be worthwhile??? also surely someone has used tracker seats & has some feedback on them?? i'm thinking i might get around 85-90 hp with the 1.6 & mods--would love to see 100hp but would be suprised!!

cueball
88 hd-top,1.3with weber, calmini cam,headers & 2" exhaust, jacobs ignition, 3" national spua , 4.16 tc gears, 88.5 5th gear,29x10.50 swamper tsl sx's
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

now i know a lot of you have done this swap!! how about sharing your experiences & thoughts with me--any info helpful!! thanks !!!
frank

cueball
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 04:02 PM

I have done a 1.6 8v install, I have a weber carb. I love it. I am running the stock exhuast manifold. with the weber alone it has a lot more power than the 1.3. It is an easy install to do over the weekend. getting hoses that fit will be you hardest part.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]John Tucker 88.5 Samurai, SPOA, 1.6 ltr, Weber carb, Removable doors, Custom front bumper
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply!! whose adapter did you use? did the weber have to be rejetted? thanks in advance! might just see you in n. ga or maybe we can meet in chattanooga or tellico & wheel with zuki4x4 & atoy4x4!!

cueball
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You won't have 100 hp but you will be close. Brent at Trail Tough has the only adapter plate that does not require drilling. I wish that I would have known it before I bought a Calmini off of IZOOK. They should be avoided because they don't fit, without 2 hours on the mill.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode