Zookin' 2K1 - New England Suzuki Fest - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Zookin\' 2K1 - New England Suzuki Fest

Well, it's official. It's <font color=red>ZOOKIN' 2K1 - 2nd Annual New England Suzuki Fest.</font color=red>

The website can be viewed at http://zookin.yankee-offroad.com

First and foremost, there is a strict limit on the number of rigs allowed to attend. Also, those who attended last year will have first dibs on the slots. I'm pretty sure that everyone from last year will be attending again. (Last year's attendants - either please email or PM me to say that you ARE going)

So check it out and get signed up. Sign-up, other than those who attended last year, will be on a FIRST COME, FISRT SERVED basis of when registration forms are received. So don't snooze. REGISTATION DEADLINE IS JULY 31, 2001

After you read the website, if you have any questions, you can post them here or email me at [email protected].

Also, there is a typo on the Event Details page. The registration deadline (in yellow type) says May 31. This is not correct. It is July 31, 2001.

I would like to thank Wildweasel, Zooky and the "core" Nor'East gang for helping out. We are looking forward to another great year of ZOOKIN'!

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 10:06 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: Zookin\' 2K1 - New England Suzuki Fest

We'll be there come hell or high water, last year was an AWESOME time.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 11:10 AM
WSB

Tim ,

Count me in!
My dad was impressed last year that he may even have a Zuki by then.

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

JEEPN - Does the "we" that you are refering to include a 2# Corea lobstah for moi?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

WSB - Making it a family affair, eh? That's really cool. Bring the little lady. She and the kiddo can ride with Shannon and Dillon in the GV when you lead "The Floridian".

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 11:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Registration will be in the mail in the next day or so. See you there!

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 02:14 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Of course, how could I possibly drive down there and NOT bring you (or Glenn and Max) lobsters?

This is, of course, based on the fact we are still up here at that time, we actually hope to be in our own house in Waldoboro by then. If so, you'll just have to settle for some local Maine lobsters and not the Coreas, but they have good ones too. That is also Scallop season, so I'll look at getting some of them as well, but no guarantees. I prefer the scallops to lobsters anyday, they are very tasty and HUGE (about 2" to 3" in diameter).

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

JEEPN,

Dude, almost any shellfish is great in my book. Scallops? Bring'um on! I'll be going to Long Island before the event to pick up 1/2 bushel of <font color=red>littleneck clams</font color=red>. IMHO, the best raw clam to eat.

I was thinking of a Friday night, informal, shared lobster boil. What you think?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 03:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sounds good, That way we won't be so GD tired and tring to eat. Looks like Florida road is open for now, My club is leading a clean-up there during the Melt so I won't be there to help. But will try to hitch up with any work partys that go after. My brother-inlaw is coming out from Seattle for the run too. So Put him down for the stocker runs. I have a feeling my white stocker is going to get beaten on.... (I will cram my old 31's on with a shackle
lift if I don't have new springs on by then.)

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 05:23 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Raw? If God had wanted us to eat shellfish raw, he wouldn't have shown us how to cook them.

I love steamers, only problem is they usually have more dirt in them than in my Swampers. People just don't know how to clean them out properly.

Friday nite sounds like an awesome time. We'll be down there early and can get straight to cooking. Last time it was kinda tiring after being beat up on the trail, so it'd be nice to eat something without having to work at it. Of course, we'll be traveling 400 miles if we're still up here or 300 miles from our other house.

"Shared Lobster Boil"? You mean an old fashioned seafood boil? Anyone have the bottom 1/2 of a 55 gallon drum that we can use? Is it fairly clean? If not maybe we can do something, didn't you have something huge last year Tim, was it rented or yours?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 09:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'M THERE!!
PUT ME ON THE LIST..........

DannyL
Pony Express

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode