Hey Cori! I'm putting that MGB motor in the Sam! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Cori! I\'m putting that MGB motor in the Sam!

Wanna come over and watch/help/laugh/grind? Putting this MGB motor in my Sam in the next week or so. All 800lbs of it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

FYI, it's a 1.8 4 cyl. with gains of 100 hp and around 120 ft lbs torque on the low end. All steel and sounds like a finely tuned John Deere on steroids. Give me two weeks to rebuild it and put it in. I'll have it installed in time for Suzukis on the Rocks. For the time being I'm planning on keeping the stock tranny.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hey Cori! I\'m putting that MGB motor in the Sam!

SHOULD BE A COOL SWAP. I'M TOO BUSY THRASHIN ON MINE TO ASSIST THOUGH. HAVE U GOT A WEBBER CARB THAT'LL WORK ON MY ISUZU 1.8???

87 sammy project in the works. getting chevy luv motor/ato tranny this week. lots o mods coming soon. i'll pst pics on em.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Man everybody is puttin bigger engines in there zuks...kinda takes the point out of our titles of ,"LOW power higher gears!"

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Low power higher gears

I've done the low power high gears thing for about 5 years now. I'm ready for some more torque and some real steel parts that can take some punishment. I want to idle over things I have to gun it over now.

It will retain stock tranny, axles, body and styling. It'll just have a British heart beat now to go with the Italian carb.

Bill I don't have a spare carb. The Mikuni sidedraft goes on the 5 main bearing MGB engine, the 32/36 on my Sam will either go on the swapped 1.8 or be sold with the old 1.3 if I can find my other 32/36. I'll look around for ya. If I'd known ya needed it before I posted my engine fer sale with the carb, I would have let ya have it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 08:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Low power higher gears

Dang man listening to yall talk like that discourages me about puttin a lift on my ride and makes me wanna go put a bigger engine in it!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

But will it start when it rains?

May the Prince of Darkness have mercy on your Samurai's soul.

c.
--
http://root.moose.ca/~chris

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 10:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: But will it start when it rains?

Oh Lucas bring me torque, Lucas of Darkness... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 02:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey neal, i'll trade that $50 you owe me fer the carb. if nobody has bought it , it's still yours just tell em u have a motor without the carb. it's just that easy, 1st come 1st serve. anyway,i wold like the carb if it doesn't mess up a pending deal. lemme know.

87 sammy project in the works. getting chevy luv motor/ato tranny this week. lots o mods coming soon. i'll pst pics on em.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 08:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Those British motors do weigh a ton. I've got a new engine for my vintage Spitfire and with the tranny, it weighs in at about 560lbs. You might want to beef up your front springpacks a bit.

Also, don't know if the MGBs are like the Triumphs, but you could possibly put dual DCOE carbs on them. It would rip with a set of those on.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 11:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cori, let me see if I can work something out, I'll see what I can do. Right now I have absolutely 0 working vehicles to my name, so I'm stuck in the garage until I get one running. I'll hopefully be out your way later this afternoon or tomorrow. I need that tailgate too!

Neal the Zukiguy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode