help with 2.8 ford v-6 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

help with 2.8 ford v-6

Okay, I've put in my last 1.3 As soon as I can get my hands on one, I'm doing the ford 2.8 v-6 swap. Anyone out there with any info, schemes, diagrams, pencilled plans on napkins, photos, anything that will help me out? And if yer in the DFW area and want to lend an actual hand, I'll buy ya a case or two of beer and we'll sit down one weekend or two and hammer this thing in one way or another.

Also, for you guys that have done it, do you have a ball park price on the swap so I can start figuring what all needs to be pawned around this camp? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm going carb for now. My Weber downdraft will work fine on the 2.8? Starter? Do I just bang on the front of the crank with an 80lb sledge till it mates up to my stock tranny?

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 11:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: help with 2.8 ford v-6

The c4 tranny is auto?!?!?!?

Neal the Zukiguy

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You may want to go to www.therangerstation.com (sorry, can't make it clicky) this is a site for Ford Ranger/Bronco II owners. I know people here have done the swap but this site has a lot of good info on the 2.8 V6. I still have an 84 BII with a 2.8 V6/C5 tranny that is for sale.
Just an idea.

Andy Bridgeman Longmont, CO '87 Samurai (Shih Tzuki)stock drivetrain/Calmini 2" SR/235-15 Hi Tec MT's/rem. doors with quick disconnects/Robyn 23 Chan CB/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Andy...

... where are you? I'm in Dallas,Tx. I'll come get the motor for the right price if yer not too far away.

Neal the Zukiguy

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Andy...

I'm 30 Miles north of Denver, probably a little far. Check out that page, you may also want to consider the 2.9 or 3.0 V6, these were later FI engines. I drove a BII with a 2.9 V6 & it had a lot more power than my carbed 2.8.
You may find someone on that Ranger site that is doing a 302 V8 swap & has a 2.8 to get rid of. The BII I have is in great shape & I am selling it complete.

Andy Bridgeman Longmont, CO '87 Samurai (Shih Tzuki)stock drivetrain/Calmini 2" SR/235-15 Hi Tec MT's/rem. doors with quick disconnects/Robyn 23 Chan CB/
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Can I drive it home?

Neal the Zukiguy

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are you serious?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 12:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep, if you wnt to sit on it until Suzuki on the Rocks in mid Aug, I'll stop by on the way back and drive it home if the price is good.

Neal the Zukiguy

post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll let you know if I sell it before then. I just read the previous posts about the 2.8 so you already knew about the Ranger page.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 06:48 PM
Addict

The c4 trany is an auto. It can be a hard trany to find. you actually need to find 2 different tranys, both of them c4's. one from a early 70's ford pickup/van with a 302/straight six that has a bolt on rear yolk. the other one from a late 70's mustang/pinto with the 2.8. just make sure that they are indeed a c4.
you basically take the rear tail hosing and shaft out of the one and put in the other. not really hard, but you to have to dissasemble both trany's. This way you end up with a nice short trany. the tcase still needs to be moved back an inch or 2. I have some more pictures that i will try to find if i get enought time.

1990 samurai spoa
2.8 V6 and c4 auto
33" thornbirds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode