Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   Estimated Top Speed (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/76901-estimated-top-speed.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 07-01-2001 05:08 PM

Estimated Top Speed

Hey guys and gals,

I'm about wack a set of 32" BFG MT's under my zook. It's running stock gearing at the moment on a fairly worked 1.3. With the power output of a stock 1.3 what sort of top speed would I be expecting with 32's and stock gearing?

I will be re-gearing in a month or so, i'm just curious as to how she'll run on the highway.

thanks skippy

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Need some custom graphic/new media design done?
Visit http://www.newflavour.com today!

**DONOTDELETE** 07-01-2001 05:17 PM

Re: Estimated Top Speed

if i got it right on the stock tires 205/70-15 you be running 45 on speed but be really doing 55 the way i figue this

Flaming Zuki [/b]"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid"

**DONOTDELETE** 07-01-2001 05:37 PM

With 30x9.5 AT, stock gears, and a weber carb, I could do 80 with no wind, 90 with wind at my back. When I put 31x 10.5 MT's on, subtract 20 mph. I added 4.1 gears to the t-case, which gave me a 12% better 2w hi range on those same 31's and I'm about 80 top speed under best circumstances, but I sure do speed through mudholes. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"

4xRonin 07-01-2001 05:44 PM

There are several gearing/speed calculators out there. I believe ORC has one and I know Izook has one. HTH

Scott Whitmore
"It's not that it's able to do the job. It's that it does the job so well"

**DONOTDELETE** 07-01-2001 06:01 PM

I'm running 32" BFG mud with 5:12 gears and a GRS1. Top speed is about 50 maybe 55 but it's about to blow.

**DONOTDELETE** 07-01-2001 09:45 PM

jeez zuki guy! i cant even hit 75 and my zuk is completely stock!!! did the weber do all that?!?! hhmm

~GooT~
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not drink and park, accidents cause people.

mudslide 07-01-2001 10:56 PM

Man,I only hit 65 with 225/75s with only about 20k on rebuilt motor.

Hey,I know a shortcut......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 07-02-2001 03:03 AM

You guys are kidding right? I even gauged my speed by watching my wifes digital dash displays while she cruised along side me. I looked over at her speedo and sync'ed mine to hers. I also had the aftermarket camshaft, but that shouldn't affect top end.

/shrug

With a good tail wind on an even highway, I could break 90 honest! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ooohh, wait, maybe I had one of those Tornadoes installed! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"

Alfie 07-02-2001 03:56 AM

Here's what I use, work out your overall reduction ratio. ORR. = Gear ratio X Transfer ratio X Diff ratio.
Then use this.
MPH = Rpm X radius (Tyre)

ORR X 168.

Line is to divide lower into upper.

HTH
Alfie. Oh yeah answer is in Mph just X by 1.6

SAMURAE 07-02-2001 02:01 PM

We ran last year with a set of BFG MTA 325/60's on the truck with stock gearing and were lucky to get 55 outta it. That was with the weber too. And NO fifth gear to speak of either.
Rae

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.