Estimated Top Speed - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Estimated Top Speed

If you want to see 100mph drop the 1600 16v in it. I still want to race you Geoff.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 07:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Everyone is so caught up on HP. HP doesn't necessarily mean torque. HP is speed. How often do you speed down the trail, across the rocks, and up the steps? sahving the heads will give you a few inch lbs more torque, but not enough to consider. And as Smitche pointed out, the repercussions of a thrown timing can mean engine rebuild headache.

That supercharger will not increase torque noticably either, just a little on the high end and about 30% real usable HP increase over stock. And you don't want to take that supercahrger off-road either.

Anything more than the Weber downdraft carb and yer just wasting money on raw horses which really won't help you on the trail unless you go hauling butt through the mud puddles at 40 miles per hour. You won't climb any better than a stock FI Sammy.

Leave all that HP stuff for the Jeepers, go for gears and torque increases. Low and slow. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 09:17 PM
SPAMurai

stock motor & gears in an '87. 30x9.5's. i can do about 70 flat, about 90 behind an 18-wheeler, and maybe 65 up a moderate hill. putting on 31's in a month or so, and all my speed will be gone...

steve o.

'87 4-Runner, 31's, Downey headers & 2.5" cat-back, Flowmaster, 3" lift, and locked.
'87 SPAMurai, 30's, 2" lift, to be locked soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 09:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

My 90 sami has 123,000 on the 1.3 FI. I can get 80 on flat ground but thats ONLY if i adjust the the idle screw way up and i dont shift out of 4th until 70. Im runnin 215's with stock gears. Ive seen 90 but i was runnin racing fuel(not a good idea, but i did it anyways). Im really suprised that didnt burn the motor up and i would never do it again. My normal cruising speed is around 65-70.

Im building an sj using sami axles with stock gears and a 88.5-95 tranny with a samurai t-case. Im gonna use a 1600 16v. Runnin 215's. I plan on being able to do 100+. Im not building it as a fourwheeler. Im buildin it as a daily driver thats gonna see alot of interstate use. I hate doin 60 on the interstate so im gonna build one that will keep up with interstate traffic.

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
post #25 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2001, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Zuki guy you are so correct eberybody worries about HP so they can pull big tires and such..HP does nothing but keep you movin' torque is were your acceleration is at hence were your power is! a header also helps with this! anywho when you punch a v8 and feel it take off that is the much appreciated torque of a v8! I am lookin forward to addin dual mikunis to my sammy just to get more torque HP is of no concern to me..that is why I do like TD cause of the $hit load of torque they got!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode