Fuel tank enlargement - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:34 AM
Alfie

Fuel tank enlargement

I was under my zuk checking fluids (pulse etc) and noticed how much room I have above my tank with a 2" body lift.
Sooooo, do you'se think it would be silly to get someone to cut my tank and extend its height up to my floor ?
I figure there's room for a 3" upward extension, about 10Litres. Would increase from 40 to fifty Litres (sorry don't know what that is in US Gals.) Say 25% increase.
Thoughts anyone ?
Alfie.
PS used to be 40 Litres but after all the trail dents probably only 30 or so. huh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Fuel tank enlargement

DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is it very dangerous but you'll will find it hard to locate someone willing to weld on a used fuel tank.

You can NOT weld on a fuel tank unless it is 100% full to overflowing. A fuel tank that is 100% full negates any oxygen that could be inside the tank that would excite an explosion. My engineer will not weld under my rig unless my fuel tank is 100% full (up to overflowing limit).

If you want a bigger tank it would be better to start from scratch and manufacture your own or buy an aftermarket tank.

We zookers love our fellow zookers and don't want to see them blowing themselves up. So, please don't go cutting (the heat could excite an explosion) or welding your fuel tank. Do it right, Do it once, Do it SAFE.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Need some custom graphic/new media design done?
Visit http://www.newflavour.com today!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:15 AM
Cap34

Check out Petroworks' site. They are having a 15 gallon tank made. Will be ready soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you're desparate, you could use a racing fuel cell from Summit Racing. It won't fit under the vehicle, but we've looked at cutting the floor and running it up into the bed. Plus, "free" shipping :^P

Don't cut and weld yours though. Could be dangerous.

A couple shops are working on larger fuel tanks. Sit tight and you'll have some choices shortly. Bummer is that they won't be cheap though.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 12:16 PM
Can't Get Enough

If you do it, do it on the 4th of July so you can give your friends a show.. Just kidding you my think it is dry but you will still blow yourself up! or have it done professionally.

Bill Forrest!!............Off-Road Champion.
http://www.geocities.com/zukybill/index.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 12:45 PM
MRLoneWolfe

Furter note- Always remember the Wheel base and Roll canter of your vehicle when doing any of these kinds of mods....Always re balance the weight of the vehicle so You keep the same roll center.All weight should equal out at each wheel.(four corners)Left and right side weight should equal also,same as front to back...Incresing fuel load will change your roll center...Keep this in mind.......

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:24 PM

Here I go pluggin Petroworks again, but hey he's local and I just like to go hang out and see the new stuff he's working on.
Anyway, he is coming out with a new 15 gal tank (60 ltr [approx]) it is really nice. last time I was down there (2 weekends ago) he had a couple of the prototypes there. They are made out of some kind of polycarbonate (or some kinda plasticy material) and looks to be good and strong. You may want to give Gary or Rudy a call and discuss it with them. good luck, and please don't blow yourself or any others up. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://suzukisteve.rockcrawler.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:57 PM

id go with the racing fuel cell or you could take it to billybob he try it probaly ONCE!

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:02 PM

what exactly is a racing fuel cell?

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:59 PM

look in a summit racing catlog if you dont no what it is thats the best way i can tell you

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode