Ok the ultimate question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 04:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok the ultimate question

O.K. guys and especially gals. How in da heck do you get the love of your life involved and jazzed about 'zookin'? I can't even get mine to ride around town with the doors off. so as Chris Rock says "Help a brother out!"

Drive fast and take chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 05:02 PM
mike shannon

Re: Ok the ultimate question

my best advise is to let them drive but to tell you the truth you have a uphill battle. my wife and kids go with me every where, but my youngest lets me know when she wants out but still like the camping and trail riding. later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast

Best way I have found is to build a rig for your better half...She can then go wheelin' with you and before you know it, she wants her's to be bigger, stronger, more articulation, etc....expensive but worth it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 07:58 PM

Lets be realistic.Nevermind about building one for her right now,just introduce her to the outdoors with a nice easy trail maybe even a FS road with the top off if you have a soft top.Most importantly:take it easy the first few times when out wheelin and let her know shes safe and sure shes comfy while ridin.My wife hated it at first, she felt beat up afterwards but I talked her into it again.Also bring a picnic or something,the ladies love it and shell go again.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 09:18 PM

i guess i looked out and married a arkansas country girl . she like going hunting fishing , and excspecally riding in the zuk in the prossess of building her one right now. here my opinion . SOME LOVE IT /AND SOME LOVE TO HATE IT !

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 09:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OK-this is from a old fat lover,so listen up-It has worked for 28 years.Drive her to a remote spot that you have already set up the candles,music,wine and a person to cater to her every need.Have a signal so he or she will know when to leave and as the moon comes up over the tree tops,tell her how she takes your breath away.Tell her how beautiful she is, as the moon light cascades thru her hair and across her angelic face. say something like this"IN THE BACK OF MY MIND YOU KNOW,I THINK OF YOU BEING MUCH LIKE GOLD.PRECIOUS TO ME, LIKE THE YOUNG TO THE OLD.LOVING ,TENDER,AND NEVER COLD-YES LIKE A PRECIOUS PIECE OF GOLD ,HER LOVE CANT BE BOUGHT ,NOR CAN IT BE SOLD.kiss her and its a done deal.If you make it to the Melt,I will take care of it for you,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 09:31 PM

Yea,you did luck out.My wife likes to fish just not with me.She says I take it too seriously instead of treating it as quality family time[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Still trying the hunting thing with her.She says we get a divorce every hunting season and shes jealous of bambi[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]but yea,she does like to wheel now to.Just not with the zuk stock suspension.

Hey,I know a shortcut......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 09:34 PM

Yeah,what RR said.Just mean it when you say it instead of just trying to woo her for the next days trail run[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey,I know a shortcut......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:23 AM

Satch- From a woman's point of view...Involve her in what you are doing...ask her for her opinion on things,ask her for her help in the garage when you are wrenchin on your ZUK. AND ofer to let her drive and remember...it is just a truck...do not be a passenger's seat driver, help by spottin etc. like when your buddies are in your passengers seat do not be the butthead barking at her from two feet away that she is gonna burn up the clutch or hit a stump...Love is more important than any ZUK will ever be to a woman. And if all else fails...the RangerRick Poem works...I know he melts my heart everytime he says it to me!!OH and tell her that she isn't the only female that did not take to this right away...I was not all that fond of wheeling in the beginning...But now, I drive the ZUK and I am a staff member of IZOOK.COM... it all will work out.
Rae

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:36 AM
zukikid

some of us are doomed to living with non zuk friendly loved ones .i ask my girlfriend if she would like to go to all the zuk type events with me ,needless to say she is far from interested.
she was raised up with the idea that if it wasn't a ford it was junk...if it wasn't a harley it wasn't worth riding.so is life .
the one positive thing about this division of schools of thought is ,sometimes you need your alone time .even if you love your wife/girl friend/best friend/lover,there are times you must still be a single person.there are times you must do things for yourself .
sometimes it those small personal battles ,that you ,your wrench ,and about 300 to 500 curse words that are most gradifying (spelling?).
she propbably enjoys things that drive you nuts or you have no interest in . just support her in what she likes to do,hope she does the same for you,and try not to neglect the love we all would set our bikes ,our trucks ,our computer,or anything we own to keep.

sorry ,got long winded there a bit .
just put alot of thought in to the issue recently .

zukikid

proud owner of the SUPER stock zuk. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode