ZOOMY4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 04:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ZOOMY4

Tim,
Greenpeace called today,they wanted to talk to you about the seal incident. I told them " ARRR YE HAVE TO TALK TO THE CAPN' 'BOUT THAT". Yes it's an inside joke and you had to be there!! Glad you made it home alright Capn. LOL
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:07 PM

Re: ZOOMY4

Yup, I made it back but my driver's side brake hose is toast. It rubbed on the wheel the whole way home... I'll replace it before I have the brakes flushed.

Thanks again for the help yesterday!

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (next week), 29 Super Swampers... more to come.... AARRRRRRRG!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 07:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pauly,
How in the hell did that happen ? I looked at them and they didn't look like they would rub.
ROB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 07:17 PM

All Right!...glad to hear that you got your rig lifted :~D

"Reality goes on without me!"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 08:26 PM

I don't know how it happened. but, I got a set of spring/clips today that I'm gonna put on them to keep them out of the way. It's no biggie.

And, I've decided that I really like the 29s with the 4.5 lift. I took it up on a loading ramp today and got to 2.5 feet before I ran out of ramp. The 4th tire hadn't even begun to lift yet. I thought that was pretty good for stock shocks. I got out and looked at the lifted tire and it wasn't even close to rubbing in the wheel well or on the bumper[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case (next week), 29 Super Swampers... more to come.... AARRRRRRRG!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pauly,
Your truck looks good. I'm gonna go out and get some new tires for mine this week. If I'm gonna be running 9" of lift I think that I'll need bigger tires.
ROB

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 10:02 PM

I'd like a little wider Super Swampers but I don't want to spend the $$ right now. I think 29 is tall enough for where I want to go. I might add another inch with some beefier shackles and a little more articulation. I'm gonna order some new shocks and mounts once I get some feedback from other people on what shock to use.

Thanks for the compliment on the looks. I'm impressed with how it looks and handles. It does suck that I got it stuck within the first three feet of wheelin'....AARRRRRRG! Before I went over I said I didn't think I'd clear it.

Any idea when you're going to do your swap? Maybe we could perform the swap at Tim's again.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 12:49 AM
Can't Get Enough

AARRRRRRG! No brakes! Drop Anchor! Given the choice, I would rather blow a seal then a brake line any day Captain! AARRRRRRG! (Rob, I think people would have to be catching on by now!)

I am surprised that I have not done the same to my brake lines. I have the real long ones and need to secure them with springs to keep them off the tires as well as away from the moving suspension parts. If you want, here are the numbers for the longer NAPA brake lines: front - 38541, rear - 38688. If you just need a stock line, let me know. I have some on the zook out back.

The 29" tires should tuck nicely inside the fender wells. You will need to get some longer shocks to utilize the remainder of you suspension though. Here are the part numbers for the Autozone Red Ryders it you want to get those for now: front - 81440, rear - 81538. You will have to get some lower shock mounts and rear uppers to use them to their full potential.

I would stay away from the shackles for now. I think a 4.5" SPOA is plenty for your 29" tires. Don't want it to high without a wide enough foot print. In the future, just try to keep that keel from coming to rest on the bottom Captain - AARRRRRRG!

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea I saw what running aground did to the Capn. ARRRRRGG!!! Not a pretty picture. I was trying to be PC on the blown seal!!
ROB

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 10:32 PM

I got the wobble out of the back. Guess what it was... a bent rim! I took it back to the tire place and the guy stated (exact words), "Uuuuh, yeah, I knew it was bent when I put the tire on it but with them big tires I didn't think you'd notice." Someone get me a stick....AARRRRG!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode