Petroworks Article in Fourwheel drive Mag. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 10:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Petroworks Article in Fourwheel drive Mag.

I read the Petroworks article in Four Wheel Drive Mag and was rather disipointed. I understand that Petroworks is using it to sell stuff, so it is more show than go. Although it is built for go. What bothered me is that the mag didn't show any flex photos. I mean, hell that rig has rear 1/4 elipitacl in the rear and missing link up front. That truck without a doubt can twist up better than most truck in that whole issue. I really think that they did an injuctice not showing any flex. I wonder if it is a jeep conspearice to keep the zuk population down? lol. Anyway if you all get a chance check it out. I finished the article thinking it was more of an advertisement than anything eles. let me know what you all think?

Jason

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 11:10 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Petroworks Article in Fourwheel drive Mag.

If it was a jeep conspearice I don't think they would have do the shoot. As for "so it is more show than go. Although it is built for go". I will tell Gary puts that thing though the ringer!

Bill Forrest!!............Off-Road Champion.
http://www.geocities.com/zukybill/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't think he needs to beat on it. It is a product display for his company. I would kill to have half the mods ether of you have. But I would have really liked to see more action photos.

I Work to Wheel, because I wheel, I work.
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:04 PM
Can't Get Enough

Too bad yer on the east coast, I'd help ya out. As for his rig... trust me it flexes, he won the RTI contest fir his class at Off road for hope(A run here in So Cal).

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's an amazing feat of engineering, but it's no longer a Samurai. My appreciation goes out to all the Sammies that remain Samurais yet crawl over just about anything a Jeep or Bronco can climb over/thru/around/etc..

It's interesting to see vehicles like that, the Scorpion, and others. But I would really like to see more articles on down to earth Sammies.

About the only time you see a Sam in Petersens FW mag is in the back under the 'Oops' section, where someone has taken a stock Sam and buried it in the mud. I do believe there is a "testosterone laden Jeep methodology" as far as what gets publicity in those mags.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

Too a point agree. The yellow one IMOP is still a samurai. Yes it does have a VW motor in it, but it does still have the same axles,T-case(GRSII),trany,body. Would you still call a JEEP a JEEP if it had a Chevy 350 in it?
As for the samurai's in mags, I like the fact that "we" are different that the avg person who wheels, Just cuz I like to see their faces as I crawl by them, esp. a part they could not do!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What brand of fender flares does he have on anyone know? I look at there website and did not see them listed there.

LOCO

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just thought about what vehicle the thread is about. I was confusing it with the Spidertraxx rig featured a few months ago in Petersens.

I am on the same page with you now though. Yes, I agree, that's a Sammy in my humble opinion.

One of the things that endears me to my Sam, same as with an MGB, when another one drives by on the road, eyes meet, smiles and waves follow. I don't know what this "Jeep thing" is they are sportin', but I know I have friends when I'm in my Zuki.

Neal the Zukiguy

"If it is '...a Jeep thing...' I hope it isn't contagious"
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:35 PM
Can't Get Enough

Gary (Petroworks) was selling them for awhile but I don't know if they do anymore if you e-mail them I'm sure they will hook you up with the info.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode