Semi OT Samurais and Spiders - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Semi OT Samurais and Spiders

My Samurai has been set up since GOTZUK 2001. I finally decided to pull it out and do some spring cleaning this past weekend. I had noticed that it had a bunch of garden spiders all over it. I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS!!!!! Well I washed it and sprayed the spiders away. good, spiders are gone. Started doing pre maintenance when something was tickling my stomach. Went to stratch it and BAM! It was a spider. The damn thing bit me! So now I have a big ass sore where my flesh is rotting away. I tell you one thing. It didn't stop me from working on the Sami. Just FYI watch out for spiders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 06:43 PM
mike shannon

Re: Semi OT Samurais and Spiders

i went to jump in mine the other day and found out why i should leave the doors on it. i am not a big fan of spiders either. took a broom and went to work.

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 06:57 PM

damn i hate spiders... i ussually only drive my zook on the weekend, so they think they can make a home in there during the week........

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 07:07 PM

When I first pulled the top off earlier this year, I was cleaning up a little bit. I noticed a big spider near the driver's head on the targa bar. Before I could kill it, it decided that it would rather be inside the driver's side windshield support.

There was no way that I was going to leave it in there. The bar refused to come off, so I taped off all the holes and sprayed WD40 in there. It was dead a day later.

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://members.home.net/marvinmartian
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Marc,
Just watch that the bite doesn't get infected. Use an antibiotic ointment for a few days just to make sure. I don't particularly like spiders either, but they do eat other bugs.
ROB

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here's an idea anytime flesh is rotting off your body it may be leprosy or the spider was a brown recluse either way you should see your local E.R., or just dremel it out. :^)

Drive fast and take chances.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 09:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree with satchmo88,if it was a BROWN RECLUSE, the sore can last for 6 to 8 months.There is nothing they can do,except insure you dont get infected.I have been bite twice by the Brown Recluse and once by a Black Widow,they may be small but they can create big problems,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I didn't realize the spiders down in the southern states were that dangerous. Around here they're barely a nuisance. I was laughing when I began reading this thread because I thought "Look at all these grown men afraid of little spiders". Now I see why you fear them. Still kinda makes me laugh though. A friend of mine is one of these big tough macho guys who'll never admit fear of anything. But every time he sees a spider (and remember, they're harmless in my region) he totally freaks out. It's hilarious. At least I know if I ever had to fight him all I'd have to do is throw a couple fake plastic spiders at him to distract him.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:15 AM
Can't Get Enough

I have been bit by a Brown Recluse and my wrist had swollen really big and it was hard to move. The swelling went down after two weeks, however the scar lasted for years. We have Black Widows around Southern Maryland too. I find them in the back yard on my wooden fence occasionally. I read somewhere that Daddy Long Legs are very poisonous. Poisonous enough to kill a full grow man, however their fangs are not long enough to peratrate human skin. Scary once you think about it. I have them all over my property. Believe it or not, even after all of this, I still will not kill a spider (well maybe a Black Widow, but that's only because I have small children). When I find one in my house I just pick it up and carry it outside. My wife always alerts me of where they are in the house and tells me if I want it to live I better go get it fast!

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hehehe......
I have had a HUGE spider walk across the windscreen on the outside and then the inside of my car , across the roof and stuff......all while being late for work and being stuk in peak hour traffic...Now that is frightening. And boy it was a huge ass spider too.
When i got to work, i found the sucker hiding under the floor lining, and just bashed the [censored] out of it!
.......I am soo tuff! (hehehehe)

Dad, what does this thing do???.....Ooops!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode