Traction bar kit for the rear @ 70.00 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Traction bar kit for the rear @ 70.00

Afternoon to all. I've been surfing jcwhitney.com's site for a while looking @ the suzuki stuff. They've got a traction bar kit for the reat for about 70.00!! They have 2 bar thinggies, I've seen the huge single center frame member thing on other zooks but I am curious if this has any comparison. I'm running spoa and when I get into the sand or start to get kinna bogged down, the rear end does hop a little bit. I don't think it is any major concern, but traction bars would seem like a good idea and I'm not really looking to drop 300 bucks yet (no I'm not cheap, but if it is I'll buy it!) . Any experiences? Thanks

later..

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Traction bar kit for the rear @ 70.00

Darndest thing how a link will influence you..... DOH!
http://www.breezeindustries.com/kit_...m#Traction Bar
Thats the breeze one.
Here is the jcwhitney ones:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jht...=81122&BQ=jcw2

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OMG whitneys looks WHIMPY compared to Breeze! it looks like all they did was take one of those Hydro thingys from like a storm door and made it so you can bolt it up to the zuk! hahahaha that made no sense... but at least i know what im talkin about!

~GooT~
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Do not drink and park, accidents cause people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 01:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well I looked at them and was Not too impressed, a ladder bar set-up will be more positive on keeping the pinion angle
at the optimum position. There is a site http://www.outdoorwire.com/4x4/jeep that goes into some detail on this. It is listed under the tech, suspension section, under axle wrap. (I think) it explains the differnt types. I use a ladder bar and am quite happy with it.

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 05:12 PM

I run traction bars just like the ones in JC. I fabbed them myself. They work great, UNTIL you put in a maximum flex suspension. I ran my bars for three years with just a basic spring over with no problems or spring wrap. Them I put on cj springs and the M/L. I had travel. Where the bars mount are above the spring hanger. The metal is fairly thin there. I started tearing the metal loose in this location. This was all from to much articulation. So if you have a basic SPOA I would try them out.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 07:38 PM

The JCW style bars have a pivot joint on top of the mounting point above the spring, and also at the frame mount. They cannot positively keep the axle from rolling, although they may help a little. The Breexe track bar locks your rear axle under load, and will not let it rotate, yet it will articulate in the "X", "Y", and "Z" directions,and will not limit your flex.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 10:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Does that look like a perfect pan-hard rig or what?

88 Sam 4.16,welded rear,lock-rite frnt,31"Hi-tech muds on Ford truck wagon wheels, 4.5 spoa,5k quick mount Ramsey
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:25 PM
Can't Get Enough

You can buy a 30" Competition Engineering Panhard Bar from Summit Racing for only $73.95. Comes with the rod ends and brackets. All you have to do is weld it in and you can save yourseld a lot of money. Sorry about the fuzzy picture. I think the catalog moved when I was scanning it.

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-461466-PanhardBar.jpg (63.3 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode