selling the tbi - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 10:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

selling the tbi

I have just posted that I am selling my tbi off of my sammy for 350(got to hit the weber price perfect!) or willing to trade for good weber(just in-case someone is interested??!!)

P.S. I am needing to know what I will need to do in order to do the conversion??!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:15 AM
Pooh-Bah

Re: selling the tbi

What do you mean the TBI, Just the throtle body itself or everything to run it?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR THE TRANSFER(UNLESS I NEED SOMETHING FOR THE CARB!) OTHERWISE IT IS ALL WHOEVER TAKES MY OFFER!

P.S. WHAT ALL WILL I NEED FOR THE TRANSFER CAUSE I WILL GO AHEAD AND START PULLING IT ALL NOW!

Thanx
Studly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 12:28 AM
Pooh-Bah

Well, I have a K-600 I just put on my truck last week, brand new, I did 2 modifications to it, float bowl lowering and filledthe old vent and drilled the new one. For everything basicly you would need to pull your complete wiring harness computer and I think the distributer in order for the person to get the TBI to work. If your into doing that, I have a complete wiring harness(front to back) and computer from an 88.5 I will swap with the weber if you want .. ??
For the conversion for U, would the comp even work correctly without the TBI system hooked up?? well, anyway if your into a swap or something LMK, too hook up the weber is easy hardest thing I found was changing the cooling lines for the choke to work and rerouting the accelerator cable.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how does the weber look??

P.S. I dont know if I will need the wiring harness cause I have the entire system sitting on my engine I just need to know what to pull and what-not!

Thanx
Studly
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:43 AM
Can't Get Enough

Doug O, for you to use the EFI you will need his intake manifold, the computer, all of the sensors, the distributor, the wiring harness, and an electric fuel pump if you don't already have one. The exhaust manifold on the EFI models also has the o2 sensor located lower to get a reading from all 4 cylinders. I don't know if this is required for it to run right, but it is another consideration.

Studly will just have to replace the distributor, the wiring harness, and replace his intake manifold with one for a carb to run the Weber.

[email protected]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

but wait guys my manifold cracked and that is the reason that I swapped to a header! but I still have the sensor and everything and I thought that all headers came with a little part were you can use that??!!

P.S. I just put some injector/carb cleaner in my gas so do you want me to run my gas down or you can take it cause I will let it run through the weber!

Thanx
Studly
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:51 AM

He will need the coil on the firewall, and the airbox with sensor and the odometer sensor as well to make it work if its from a 95 or older tracker. the best bet is to talk to brent from trial tough on this. That is what ive done since im shipping so many of these engines to people.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 11:58 AM
Can't Get Enough

Yeah Max, I forgot about needing to swap the coil, but this TBI is from a '92 Samurai so I don't think the speedo sensor mod will be required.

[email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 01:08 PM
Pooh-Bah

STUDLYBILLY, the weber looks mint, just put it on last week new. Since I would need your intake, I could just pull the intake with carb attached and send the whole unit, would make it easier for both of us. I wouldnt need the Exhaust mani anyway, I've had my Headmen header for years now and it has a low O2 port. But I would, as others say, would need your complete wiring harness and computer, so, I do have a complete wiring harness I can send, I was going to use it in mine after I had a short burn some wires in mine, but I ended up patching mine so I still have the other. Do you want to do this swap ASAP, cause I still need to have my sami ready for the Melt :-) or do youwant to wait until after? LMK, cause I can have everything ready and shipped in 24 hours, but would need U to do the same :-) I'll Private youwhen I get home from the Job, where I'm at now, and lunch is over ;-) haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode