rear shocks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

rear shocks

i'm in the process of putting cj springs in the rear of my sami and wondered what shocks to use since i can't to buy rancho's. i will have th e relocation done at the same time. help

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: rear shocks

looking at doing the same but I was wondering how I would put them up front as well??!!

P.S. just go get some discount auto parts specials cause I heard they are not bad at all!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

what do you want to put up front the cj springs or the shocks

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 12:29 PM

I run toyota shocks on mine. BillTooley told me about 'em. You can pick them up dirt cheap at AutoZone or O'reilly's, and they have some pretty good travel. Mine are 15" compressed and a little over 25" extended. I have dropped my rear upper shock mounts about 7" and they are 3" apart center to center. They work really well with my buggy-leafs. I wouldn't mind getting some more length, and I will likely go the doestch-tech route when I do, but that will have to wait till I finish my gearing...Rancho's are not even an option to me. Just too damn expensive.

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 03:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

THE TOYOTA SHOCKS ARE 1995 T-100 REAR 4X4 SHOCKS AND THEY ARE 15" COMPRESSED AND 25.5" EXTENDED. GET EM AT HI-LO O'REILLYS FOR $9.99 /EACH. CAN'T BEAT THAT DUDE. YOU'LL HAVE TO MODIFY THE FRONT THOUGH TO ACCEPT A DOUBLE EYE SHOCK. OR USE OLD BRONCO SHOCKS FOR 4" LIFT. THEY USUALLY HAVE EM IN STOCK AND THEY WILL WORK WITH FACTORY MOUNTS. I PREFER THE DOUBLE EYES THOUGH.

86 JX SAMMY WITH SPOA + ADDITIONAL 3" DROP BRACKETS AND MISSINLINKS FRONT REAR TOY SPRINGS WITH CUSTOM DROP LINK, LOCK -RITED, 33" SUPER SWAMPER TSL'S, FULL CAGE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

for the front shocks i'm going to use chevette [Chevrolet] rear shocks they are long enough to use rear springs up front and drop shackles, if you use the long swift brakelines.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

for the front shocks i'm going to use chevette [Chevrolet] rear shocks they are long enough to use rear springs up front and drop shackles, if you use the long swift brakelines.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 07:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Keep in mind that guys throwing out shock measurements means nothing if their shock mounting differs from yours. Best to call a shop with shock experience on Samurais, tell them your lift, tell them your shock mounting system, then you'll get the correct shocks rather than ones too long (you WILL damage your shocks and vehicle)..... or shocks too short (limited wheel travel kills your cool CJ spring conversion).

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was looking to put cjs all around so should I run the yoter shocks IF I could break a good deal on some? dang my keyboard is acting up!)

P.S. whoa I think the warranty on my keyboard is expiring cause it swithched the buttons around ( semi colon is the button to the upper right of it! and it all sort of shifted in this direction!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode