Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   rear shocks (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/75377-rear-shocks.html)

longzuk 06-20-2001 12:14 PM

rear shocks

i'm in the process of putting cj springs in the rear of my sami and wondered what shocks to use since i can't to buy rancho's. i will have th e relocation done at the same time. help

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP

**DONOTDELETE** 06-20-2001 12:21 PM

Re: rear shocks

looking at doing the same but I was wondering how I would put them up front as well??!!

P.S. just go get some discount auto parts specials cause I heard they are not bad at all!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

longzuk 06-20-2001 12:24 PM

what do you want to put up front the cj springs or the shocks

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP

ppillard 06-20-2001 12:29 PM

I run toyota shocks on mine. BillTooley told me about 'em. You can pick them up dirt cheap at AutoZone or O'reilly's, and they have some pretty good travel. Mine are 15" compressed and a little over 25" extended. I have dropped my rear upper shock mounts about 7" and they are 3" apart center to center. They work really well with my buggy-leafs. I wouldn't mind getting some more length, and I will likely go the doestch-tech route when I do, but that will have to wait till I finish my gearing...Rancho's are not even an option to me. Just too damn expensive.

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

**DONOTDELETE** 06-20-2001 03:00 PM

THE TOYOTA SHOCKS ARE 1995 T-100 REAR 4X4 SHOCKS AND THEY ARE 15" COMPRESSED AND 25.5" EXTENDED. GET EM AT HI-LO O'REILLYS FOR $9.99 /EACH. CAN'T BEAT THAT DUDE. YOU'LL HAVE TO MODIFY THE FRONT THOUGH TO ACCEPT A DOUBLE EYE SHOCK. OR USE OLD BRONCO SHOCKS FOR 4" LIFT. THEY USUALLY HAVE EM IN STOCK AND THEY WILL WORK WITH FACTORY MOUNTS. I PREFER THE DOUBLE EYES THOUGH.

86 JX SAMMY WITH SPOA + ADDITIONAL 3" DROP BRACKETS AND MISSINLINKS FRONT REAR TOY SPRINGS WITH CUSTOM DROP LINK, LOCK -RITED, 33" SUPER SWAMPER TSL'S, FULL CAGE!

longzuk 06-20-2001 03:14 PM

for the front shocks i'm going to use chevette [Chevrolet] rear shocks they are long enough to use rear springs up front and drop shackles, if you use the long swift brakelines.

longzuk 06-20-2001 03:14 PM

for the front shocks i'm going to use chevette [Chevrolet] rear shocks they are long enough to use rear springs up front and drop shackles, if you use the long swift brakelines.

**DONOTDELETE** 06-20-2001 07:13 PM

Keep in mind that guys throwing out shock measurements means nothing if their shock mounting differs from yours. Best to call a shop with shock experience on Samurais, tell them your lift, tell them your shock mounting system, then you'll get the correct shocks rather than ones too long (you WILL damage your shocks and vehicle)..... or shocks too short (limited wheel travel kills your cool CJ spring conversion).

http:// www.rocky-road.com

**DONOTDELETE** 06-20-2001 07:24 PM

I was looking to put cjs all around so should I run the yoter shocks IF I could break a good deal on some? dang my keyboard is acting up!)

P.S. whoa I think the warranty on my keyboard is expiring cause it swithched the buttons around ( semi colon is the button to the upper right of it! and it all sort of shifted in this direction!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs