Why does anton send virus?? - Page 5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 12:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Why does anton send virus??

Red26, I think you need to relax a little here. How old are you? You show less maturity than Anton. Don't overeact and blow things out of proportion. Lead by example and act as a mature person would when faced with a difficult situation. Just my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 01:16 PM

its hard to relax when someone goes messing with 2000 dollars worth of your equipment... would you relax if someone took a sledge hammer to your zook, laughed, and then said they were sorry?

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
post #43 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 03:18 PM
Addict

I agree with Steve. Messing up someone's computer for the sure hell of it is pure vandalism no different than taking a hammer to your Zuk.

I also like to think that if your playing around with someone in the office, or a close friend/relative it's a completely different story. Why? Because you know this person and will help them fix their computer when the joke is over. Does Anton help you set things straight? No, he states that he is "sorry" and then just sends the viruses or programs out to others. The kid needs a good "wall to wall" counseling session.

1988.5 Zuk: OD Green Paint, ARB Bumper, OME Lift, 1.6 engine, ISKY DP Cam, Weber Carb, CF II Clutch, 4.16 Transfer, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 11:38 PM

Steve- again i agree with you that what anton did was unacceptable behavior... what I have been saying is that it has been beaten to death now, I have not seen a post from anton since his apology... I think that this time he has learned his lesson.. And by the way, some one did take a hammer to my ZUK... I have the claw end holes in the hood and driver's front fender to prove it.

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #45 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

He spends WAY WAY too much time on his computer obvoisly.
He needs to get a job.
where,s this guys parents while he spends hours a day in front of his idiot screen thinking up this stuff?
When I was a teenager I had a job and I worked on my rig alot...
How many of you out there spent your teenage years sitting in front of a screen
reading jokes, and pissing people off.
He must be what they call " a victim of the information age".
BTW there could be a criminal mischief case here.

87 SAMURAI
post #46 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 12:16 PM
Veteran

he is only 13. when you were 13 did you have a job. he does have a job at a local muffler shop on weekends which is more than i could say about most of us at that age...let dead dogs lye already

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP
post #47 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 12:29 PM
I Do This For The Glory

He and I have spoken at length about money making and his age.

Apparently in Canada, there are laws regarding hiring minors, and who out there wants to hire a 13 year old? I gave him a few ideas, not sure if they were acted on, but he seemed receptive. His rig is nice, have you seen it? Also, what can you do with it without ANY money? I used to have a dirtbike as a kid, but he lives in a city (or in the suburbs), so what can he do?

I can appreciate all the posts about the virus sending, but I agree with Samurae, it's time to call it quits. Dragging this thing out isn't doing anyone any favors, including this board.

I have never received anything from him by way of a virus, and you can bet I'll be cautious of his E-mails. But, that doesn't mean he should be shunned at all costs. If he does it again, take action legally, it's the proper way, bitching about it gets little accomplished other than all sorts of people riled up.

Would I be ticked if someone took a hammer to my Zuk? You bet, I'd probably come out of the house with my 9mm (Max knows I would anyway, I "Don't leave home without it"). Yes, it is the same, which is why it should be handled in the same manner. If the "sorry" doesn't stop the viruses, then maybe a visit from the police would.

As to his parents, don't go there, you don't know his situation. His parents are divorced, which is hard, so let's leave it alone.

I have no problem with Anton on this BBS. He has some great knowledge, and unless he sends a virus via this medium anyway, I don't think there is much ORC can (or would) do about getting him kicked off, nor should they. Let's drop it and see what happens int he future, if it happens again, then take action, legally, but let's quit complaining about it and move forward.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #48 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Jeepn, very well put. Just to clarify things, and I'm not looking for sympathy here on Anton's behalf, I'm only trying to make you all aware of the situation. Anton lives in the inner city where gangs are rampant. At his tender age it is very difficult to stay straight with all the [censored] that is going on around him. Those of us who see him regularly always stress the positive and try to keep him straight. Let's face it, he doesn't have a lot of positive reinforcements in his life. Thank God he has a productive hobby to concentrate his efforts on. Add to this the fact that his parents are divorced and he lives with his Dad. His relationship with his Dad is restrained to say the least. Yesterday I saw his Dad driving his Zuk down the street. When I talked to Anton about it he was upset because he had just used the truck on a trail run and knew he had taken water into his diffs amongst other problems. He hadn't yet had a chance to go through the truck to make sure all was well, yet his Dad decided to "borrow" it because he needed to get somewhere. When he got home he parked where it was when he left so Anton wouldn't suspect anything. I know his Dad on a professional level though my business and let me tell you he is a strange bird. Everything Anton has and all of the mods (and there are many) he has done to his truck have been by himself. Yes, he has had guidance from some of the local Zuki crowd, but he always takes it one step further and amazes us with his intellect and fabrication skills. Remember, all of this work, and he is only now 13. He was all of this when he was 11. Let me ask you, what were you doing when you were 11? Consider also that he is a straight "A" student in school. If he has time to sit at his computer it's only because he has already done all of his homework, and welded up whatever it is he designed today. It really baffles me how violent some of you on this BBS are. A "wall to wall counselling session"??? C'mon guys, grow up. Comments like that are much more immature than any prank. Anton has taken a mature approach to this crisis. Now it's time for everyone else to follow. As far as I'm concerned this topic is dead.

post #49 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 09:29 PM

BANG BANG BANG .........the sound of nails in the coffin.

Dedicated to the restoration and care of the North American Rhino
post #50 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 10:17 PM
I Do This For The Glory

You know, I wonder what is happening to this BBS. I came over from the Jeep BBS last year after the Zookin' 2K, where I was invited by Max. I was amazed at how calm and collected this BBS was compared to the Jeep BBS, we used to have such flame wars over there.

Now it seems this BBS likes to dwell on the negative, whereas you don't see that anymore on the Jeep BBS.

Last year there were a lot of people quelling any animosity, but I don't see them anymore.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode