Why does anton send virus?? - Page 4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 07:44 PM

Re: Why does anton send virus??

Man,I consider us all a big family here at this bbs.Only goes to show that trust only goes so far so always keep your guard up.Anton:I know youre just a kid,but most of us have some $$$$$ tied up in our computers so watch yourself,Ive seen people kicked off before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 08:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Best way to get to Anton is not pick him up at the airport RR!!!!
Let the little bugger suffer, he's done it to me too(virus)....

DannyL
Pony Express

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #33 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 02:55 PM
Can't Get Enough

Kando - I have a small collection of viruses that I have received myself. I have the happyworm.exe and a couple joke scripts. I will have to look around for the disk I put them on. When I find the disk, I will email you and you can set your computer up to capture them.

One of the 'non-virus' jokes is pretty funny. It locks up your keyboard and displays 'I AM GAY!' on the screen and flashes with a very loud siren. We have kicked it around at work a couple of times. When someone opens it the siren goes off and people walk around the cubicles wondering where the noise is coming from. When they find it there is usually some smuck frantically trying to shut their computer off. All of the non-virus joke scripts are harmless and are just meant for a laugh.

<font color=green>87' Samurai/1.6 Big Block/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 12:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was curious about anton so I went to the topica.com BBS and did a search on “ANTON VIRUS” I came up with the same conclusion as before. He is a VIRUS SENDING PUNK! All of you who stood up for him need to go look at the topica bbs at roadlessgear(the FARC). Some good topics are “No Jokes or files from Anton” and “warning anton”. I mean come on guys he collects these viruses and he thinks it is funny to send them to people. I think it is a JOKE that he apologizes and tries to make you feel sorry for him and what is really sad it that it worked!!! He has done it before and he will do it again. He needs to be banned for a few years so he has time to grow up.

post #35 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 12:17 AM

The only thing I can say, is that the first time I talked to him on the net, he "tried" to send me a file containing a hidden virus. Don't ask me to explain why I don't talk to him...

Best way to deal with this, Just ignore the files he sends and stuff or him if you want.

And Like everywhere else, you can learn to trust people but it doesn't mean that you can't have a backup plan...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
So PLEASE get a firewall and anti-virus. You can get free ones which are really good if you search a bit...

Yannick
1987 stock hardtop Zuk now just arrived [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
1999 S10 Zr2 4.3L 31x10.5 BFG M/T's
http://lukinfomud.homestead.com/frontpage.html
post #36 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:03 AM
zukiman

I haven't fallen victim to a virus (or other malicious program) in years because I've been on the Internet long enough to know how to protect myself, both passively (antivirus software) and actively (not being dumb enough to run ANY executable, script, macro, or other program from a source I don't trust). But because Anton is a Zuk guy, I trusted him a couple months ago when he sent me this "really funny program" that he insisted I run. When asked, he wouldn't tell me what it was (other than it was Zuk-related and that I had to see it) and I stupidly trusted him and ran the program.

What a mistake. Because of that, I had to reformat my hard disk and reinstall everything. I did, however, take the time to explain to him WHY he shouldn't f&%# with people's computers like that and betray their trust. He promised me he wouldn't do it again to anybody. Again, I made the mistake of trusting him on that; apparently he has continued to send these "funny programs" to his friends and comrades.

Anton has proven himself over and over to NOT be trustworthy. Go ahead and give him a second (or 20th) chance if you want....but be forewarned, this has happened on MANY occasions in the past. I don't see why he would all of a sudden learn his lesson this time when he's been caught doing this over and over in the past. I'm sure not going to be stupid enough to trust him again.

-- Geoff Beasley

post #37 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 09:22 AM

I personally, do not know Anton at all let alone enough to defend him...BUT people lets ALL remember that he is ONLY a teenager... I, myself am only 26 so it is not that long ago that I was a teenager too. I did a TON of things wrong and you know what? I still turned out to be a helluva woman if I may say so. This horse has been beaten to death about the Anton sent me a virus. He has formally apologized to everyone here. If that is not good enough for you then my suggestion would be to not accept e-mail from him or even easier do not conversate with him any longer. He is a thirteen year old teenager...Remember that, and remember how you were when you were his age... I did some thinking back on the crap I did and let me tell ya... WOW!
RAE
Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #38 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 09:37 AM

i have never personally talked to anton eitherand im sure he really is sorry for what he did, but i really cannot stand it when people use age as an excuse for wrongdoings... when i was a kid, the first time i did something wrong was the last time i did something wrong... none of this get in trouble for the same thing over and over again BS... and even now im still learning, but when i screw something up, i fix it. if you're going to play the game, you have to be willing to pay the consequences... that includes participating on this board, as well as life in general... 13 is old enough as far as im concerned to start taking responsibility for your actions... and that means more than saying you're sorry over and over again

Steve [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'88 Suzuki Samurai
'99 Toyota Tacoma (Tow Vehicle)
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
post #39 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 12:11 AM

Steve- i agree with you age is not an excuse for wrong doings...I was merely reminding some folks of that to put things into perspective.

Sooner or Later you will be shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look just right.
post #40 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 12:55 AM
Can't Get Enough

I agree, computer viruses are some serious stuff not to be taken lightly. I have been on the receiving end of some nasty viruses (Melissa, Happyworm.exe, etc) over the past year and they can mess up your computer really bad if you do not use good anti-virus software and update it weekly. Luckily I have been very cautious and have not been infected yet.

I wonder if anyone has told him that if he is caught sending these viruses he can be prosecuted and sent to prison. Some of the people that have been behind these viruses have received some harsh sentences and are serving time behind bars. Anton, if you do not believe me then read on.

<font color=blue>Computer programmer David L. Smith pleaded guilty on Thursday December 9th 1999 in USA courts for his role in creating and distributing the Melissa macro virus.

Smith, released the Melissa virus in March 1999 by deliberately posting an infected document to an alt.sex usenet newsgroup from a stolen AOL account. The virus, believed to be named after a stripper Smith had known in Florida, forwards itself to the first 50 addresses in all of your accessible Outlook address books. It also occasionally corrupts documents by inserting the text 'twenty-two, plus triple-word-score, plus fifty points for using all my letters. Game's over. I'm outta here.'.

According to ZDNet companies such as Microsoft, Intel, Lockheed Martin, and Lucent Technologies were forced to shut down their email gateways because of the large amount of email the virus was generating.

Smith appeared at Monmouth County Superior Court, New Jersey, and pleaded guilty to one count of computer theft in the second degree.

Smith also appeared in the Newark US District Court where he pleaded guilty to one federal count of computer fraud and abuse. He acknowledged in his federal plea agreement that the Melissa virus caused more than $80 million in damage to North American businesses.

"I did not expect or anticipate the amount of damage that took place. When I posted the virus, I expected that any financial injury would be minor and incidental," Smith told Judge John Ricciardi of Monmouth County Superior Court, "In fact, I included features designed to prevent substantial damage... I had no idea there would be such profound consequences to others."

When Judge Ricciardi asked Smith whether he agreed that deliberately releasing the virus on the net did result in those consequences, he replied, "I certainly agree. It did result in those consequences."

David L. Smith's state court sentencing is scheduled for February 18, 2000, with federal court sentencing planned for May 15th 2000. He faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail, and a possible fine total of $400,000.

"A very clear message needs to go out to virus writers," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant for Sophos Anti-Virus, "Spreading viruses can result in substantial financial damage. The authorities are prepared to investigate people deliberately spreading viruses and bring them to justice. It's time for people to grow up and start acting as responsible members of the electronic community."
</font color=blue>

I am very surprised that someone has not turned Anton in if he repeatedly done this. If you keep playing with fire, eventually you will get burned... bad.

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode